Unique silver find

JT_hunter

Oct 28, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 di Pro - Fisher CZ5 - Garrett AT pro - Whites M6 - Garrett Sea Hunter MK ll - Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I set out to give the M6 a spin today, I went to a old school about 1/2 hr. away from the house. This was a place I've been before many times and never dug silver let alone a Swiss 2 Fr. coin. I was digging the usual clad stuff, then I got a 88 solid reading 3" deep, I thought 1/2 dollar maybe or a piece of can. When I first pulled it out I thought it was a standing quarter as it was still dirt covered, then I removed some dirt off it and thought it was a token, but I could tell it was silver. When I got the coin home I washed it off with soap & water to clean it. When I looked closely at the coin it read 2 Fr. 1963. It's 83.5% silver, I guess I'll be revisiting that place real soon. The area is full of aluminum can slaw and tabs, I get good results going slow and running the sensitivity at the preset. This hunt lasted just about 2.5 hrs.

2 Fr..jpg 2fr1.jpg m6hunt.jpg

Upvote 10

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
Awesome coin! I hope there is more where that came from.
Congrats

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

OP
OP
J

JT_hunter

Oct 28, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 di Pro - Fisher CZ5 - Garrett AT pro - Whites M6 - Garrett Sea Hunter MK ll - Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys for the replies, I'll be going back there in the near future to see if there is any more. I'll be sure to post if there is.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a beauty! I love finding foreign coins for some reason. Many, such as yours, have really pretty designs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread