Local park yields silver coin

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took Mama's car to the Ford place yesterday because they told me the detail guy wouldn't be there on Saturday and they made the appointment on Tuesday. I took my At/Pro and enough gear to dirt fish while they serviced her car and detailed it. When I got there, the lady informed me that she told me their detail guy wouldn't be there which was contrary to what she told me when I made the appointment. I had planned on 2 hours at the local park while they did the work instead of just sitting around like I usually do. When I asked her how long would it take to do the service I was told about 45 minutes and it wasn't worth my time or theirs to get them to drop me off at the park for that length of time. Rescheduled for Thursday and went to the park. Worked around the edges of the horse shoe pits and found some dimes and then went along the side and found the 10 centavos coin and I couldn't see without my loupe and thought it was a half dime. Mighty sore when I got thru and went and checked out another area I was told about and bought Mama's groceries and eye drops and came home. I had forgot to put the A/C on for her and she was hot temperature wise and mad as a wet hen. We have a new digital thermostat and with her being blind she couldn't set it to cool. Plus, I hadn't cooked anything for her because I thought I would be back by lunch. Good thing I hid the walking stick I got from the Sunbelt Expo or I might have got a whooping....I worked the tot lot and all it had was pennies and after 2 hours I was pretty sore. Hoped to go for at least an hour today, but my physical therapist added some weights to my routine and I was done for the day. Hope to hit the park again tomorrow while they service her car and detail it and I will take my digger tool with me because I popped shallow targets up to 2-3 inches deep, but got some real good hits about 5-6 inches deep and I want to hit them if I can. Photos aren't too good. HH. One of the Rosie dimes may be silver, but I can't tell if it's 1960, 1966 or 1969. Hope the local extension service will let me use their microscope, my 30X loupe just ain't strong enough to tell. I believe it's 1960, but want to make sure.
Silver coin at the park 001 (Custom).jpg Silver coin at the park 003 (Custom).jpg Silver coin at the park 004 (Custom).jpg Silver coin at the park 005 (Custom).jpg Silver coin at the park 006 (Custom).jpg Silver coin at the park 007 (Custom).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 4

Beeping_Rich

Jun 25, 2014
Green Cove Springs, FL
Detector(s) used
Fingers, waiting for my BH Tracker IV to come in....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a stereo zoom microscope that has a camera I will try to take a picture tonight it is really amazing and not expensive

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

OP
OP
F

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dime in question was a 1966. Magnified it 8X with focus on my digital camera and put a 7X magnifier on it. Hoping for 1960, but I'm not in this for the money. found a 50 pfennig coin from 1941 Thursday with the bird and Swastika on the back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread