New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another great hunt with Vino, back to the site where I found my colonial silver and New Jersey Copper (we both have found much more there too) Today was another very exciting hunt with a couple of really great finds that George pulled out of the ground (I'll let him tell ya) There have been a few of our hunts together when it feels like someone throws a switch and the goodies start pouring out of the ground. I found a 1929 Merc, wheat, and a couple modern Canadian coins early on, then George pulled a nice find. We took a break and ate, warmed up and talked about what we had found so far, then decided weather to stay or hit another spot. We decided to stay, we went back and George, after a bit, pulls a really great find. It was exciting looking at it and watching as it reviled itself from the dirt encrusted on it. A little while later George said try where I just pulled (beep) and see what your CTX might find. I got over there and couple minutes later I was getting a great signal four ways, 13-46, it was jumping around a bit 15-46, 14-46 at 5 inches. I seen it in the hole and was thinking a large, then I could make out the gray of tarnished silver, we were both together at this point while I was slowly knocking dirt off it trying to see what it was. At first I was saying, "is it my seated?" then we both could see a bust at the same time and both said "is it capped!" when I finally seen the Barber bust. 1898 Barber Quarter. It was so exciting for a few seconds. I love my finds, all of them and it was really cool watching Vino find some great stuff. We even included Abe by phone! (poor guy we were torturing him!)
Thanks again George, very exciting!
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

Forgot these relics I found in my bag!

Last edited:
Upvote 15
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Forgot these, I like this button, I haven't the faintest what the 15 tag is? Looks old though?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fantastic Barber quarter. One of the nicest dug I've seen on here. Lots of great detail left. I wish you two would be more kind to poor Abe. Although it is actually good fuel for his fire. And one day your phones are going to ring and you'll see photos of an early 1700s silver staring back at you....LOL

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmm....at first I thought it was a cattle tag but if you found it where the silvers came from, that isn't likely downtown Philly lol. Tags are so generic looking that they are one of the hardest things to ID.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic Barber quarter. One of the nicest dug I've seen on here. Lots of great detail left. I wish you two would be more kind to poor Abe. Although it is actually good fuel for his fire. And one day your phones are going to ring and you'll see photos of an early 1700s silver staring back at you....LOL
I hope Abe sends me a pic of Early American Silver today!
My other Barbers are mostly smooth, not even close to the detail left on this Quarter, full Liberty, Plain as day E Pluribus Unum. It is without a doubt my favorite Quarter I have found to date. Next on my list is a seated Quarter/s

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hope Abe sends me a pic of Early American Silver today!
My other Barbers are mostly smooth, not even close to the detail left on this Quarter, full Liberty, Plain as day E Pluribus Unum. It is without a doubt my favorite Quarter I have found to date. Next on my list is a seated Quarter/s

You keep hunting in history rich areas like you've been and a seated will pop out for you I'm sure. Never found one myself but I am sure there must be at least 3 or 4 somewhere in my county. I just have to get my coil over one of them.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great hunt with Vino, back to the site where I found my colonial silver and New Jersey Copper (we both have found much more there too) Today was another very exciting hunt with a couple of really great finds that George pulled out of the ground (I'll let him tell ya) There have been a few of our hunts together when it feels like someone throws a switch and the goodies start pouring out of the ground. I found a 1929 Merc, wheat, and a couple modern Canadian coins early on, then George pulled a nice find. We took a break and ate, warmed up and talked about what we had found so far, then decided weather to stay or hit another spot. We decided to stay, we went back and George, after a bit, pulls a really great find. It was exciting looking at it and watching as it reviled itself from the dirt encrusted on it. A little while later George said try where I just pulled (beep) and see what your CTX might find. I got over there and couple minutes later I was getting a great signal four ways, 13-46, it was jumping around a bit 15-46, 14-46 at 5 inches. I seen it in the hole and was thinking a large, then I could make out the gray of tarnished silver, we were both together at this point while I was slowly knocking dirt off it trying to see what it was. At first I was saying, "is it my seated?" then we both could see a bust at the same time and both said "is it capped!" when I finally seen the Barber bust. 1898 Barber Quarter. It was so exciting for a few seconds. I love my finds, all of them and it was really cool watching Vino find some great stuff. We even included Abe by phone! (poor guy we were torturing him!)
Thanks again George, very exciting!
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/f... Quarter/20141023_131641_zpse44e5222.jpg.html
http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/f... Quarter/20141023_122713_zps10effec1.jpg.html
http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/f... Quarter/20141023_122728_zpsdb184c63.jpg.html
http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/f... Quarter/20141023_153022_zpse969ac25.jpg.html
http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/f... Quarter/20141023_153051_zps6dc5b2c1.jpg.html
http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/f... Quarter/20141023_152717_zps1046756c.jpg.html
http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/f... Quarter/20141023_152756_zps1afdc4f3.jpg.html

Forgot these relics I found in my bag!
http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/f... Quarter/20141024_081041_zps9df0c69f.jpg.html

Amazing hunt, sounds like fun!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice variety! Good saves all!

Thanks for sharing.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congrats! That's some nice looking silver!
Those look like they've been waiting in the dirt for a long time. Awesome clean up job!
So, the competition is on! Hope you both win!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Congrats! That's some nice looking silver!
Those look like they've been waiting in the dirt for a long time. Awesome clean up job!
So, the competition is on! Hope you both win!

Thanks ms bb

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer