first v-nickel,cool bridal button

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WP_20141020_013[1].jpg WP_20141020_011[1].jpg WP_20141023_001[1].jpg WP_20141023_002[1].jpg WP_20141023_003[1].jpg WP_20141023_005[1].jpg WP_20141023_007[1].jpg WP_20141023_008[1].jpg Hello all,been doin alot off short hunts for the last two weeks.managed to find my first v nickel at the church.the horse bridal button I almost give up on,dat thing was 12"deep or so but it sounded so rite to me.lol,found the 41 Washington today at a new site.the wheats are 1919,18,18,?,38,28,41&26?..again thanks for lookin&hh

Last edited:
Upvote 2

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the V Nick club and congrats on all of your cool finds. Nice buff too.

I see you're using BH equipment. I was too until just a couple of weeks ago (still using First Texas product/Tek Delta).
I really love to see good BH finds. They're the brunt of many a joke but they're still work horses and DO find treasure regardless of what anyone says or thinks. I got my one and only V nick with my OLD Rat Shack BH Land Star Clone. That thing still works perfectly.

That's a nice silver Washington you got there too. And that bridal button was a foot deep?? That's a great find indeed.

I also see you're down on the Eastern Shore. I'm up in Howard county so here's a shout out to a fellow MD'er.

Congrats on all of your finds.

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds. You got a couple cool nickels!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you gotta love day with variety like that, keeps it interesting!

great digs

OP
OP
digndeep

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the shout out garrett,yes the bh name seems to get stomped on quite abit but that's always gonna happen I jus keep on swing'n..its a very good detector for the money imo,that being said I do have my sights set on a f75 for first of the year,just incase the time ranger missed something!lol,again thanks for the kind words&if you ever get across dat big bridge look me up.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the shout out garrett,yes the bh name seems to get stomped on quite abit but that's always gonna happen I jus keep on swing'n..its a very good detector for the money imo,that being said I do have my sights set on a f75 for first of the year,just incase the time ranger missed something!lol,again thanks for the kind words&if you ever get across dat big bridge look me up.

Yeah, since getting my delta I've been going back to some old spots and trying to find targets I've missed.
I hate to admit it but I've been missing lots of good stuff. That's not to say I haven't been finding some pretty good stuff along the way. Some of my best finds were made with my BH's, including a few nice old coins and 3 gold rings, so really, how bad is that??

I learned SO much while using my BH machines and for that I'm happy and grateful. They're definitely great machines to start out on. My main issue was depth, which I think I've overcome so far with the Delta.

You're gonna' love that Fisher when you get it. It'll be like taking a quantum leap and you'll be well prepared. The one on my wish list is the Teknetics T2 SE but that's not happening until spring. In the meantime I'll keep swingin' the Delta and my kids or anyone else can swing the Bounty Hunters if they wanna' tag along.

The most important thing is showing up and swinging over targets. That's more than half the battle. The machines do make a difference but if you don't swing even a high end detector in good spots over good targets you're not gonna' do much.

Oh, and I probably won't cross 'dat bridge this winter but when it gets warm again, I'm always up for traveling if there's some hunting to be done.
I also have some friends and relatives in Southern MD on the Western side and wanna' get down there next year as well.
I'm ready for spring and winter hasn't even started yet.

BTW, the weather in MD is gonna' be PERFECT for hunting this weekend.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions