Find of the Day...After Batteries Died!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to hit a site I've hunted many time before but it always keeps surprising me. I've found military buttons, coppers, a post-medieval buckle, three cannonballs and half of a bar shot on this site. It's also right off the beach where I've found 6 cannonballs of all sizes. Lots of military activity in this area so I know there's always a chance for something.

I was at the bottom of the field near the river when I found the brooch and my batteries died. I had extras in the car but before I trekked back for them I remembered a small bottle dump I found a couple years ago on the edge of the field. Ironically, when I originally found the bottle dump I was hunting for cannonballs. I immediately found the dump and dug out a single unbroken bottle but nothing else. I was poking around the edge of the dump and there it was...right on the surface! I took a couple insitu pics before I "dug" it out...no detector and I'm still finding cannonballs...love it!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414171549.579975.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414171617.560800.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414171662.500893.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414171709.263045.jpg

Upvote 16

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold up a sec there 5 minute man, it's not like you're putting in a huge effort for large 1600s silver!

I'm so happy I'm normal and don't have these problems.

I've been on a silver slump for some time now and he's popping silver out like he's planting it....HMmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread