Large Copper, Crotal bell, and a few other relics.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out today with my buddy FatTony315 for a little foundation hunting. We ended up in an area we hadn't been to before and had a fairly good day. First 2 signals at the first foundation we hunted.... #1. Modern quarter at 1 inch deep. #2. signal was the same as the first, as was the depth, so I was thinking another modern quarter... Nope! It was an 1829 Matron Head Large Cent.

002.JPG 003.JPG

Cleaned up pretty well without even really doing anything to it yet.

016.JPG 017.JPG

Walked a while in the woods and came across a nice big foundation. Here's a couple pics of it.

004.JPG 005.JPG

006.JPG

Thought this place would be great but its a little overgrown and its definitely been hunted in the past. Here's a couple pics of the finds for the day.

012.JPG 020.JPG

018.JPG 019.JPG

015.JPG

Upvote 7

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bud

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great stuff. I like the crotal bell and it looks in good shape. I like washing the soil out under the tap and hearing the bell start ringing again! :)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Lots of nice relics and the LC is really nice.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some good finds. I like the bell. That cellar hole looks like a good size one. The one I hunted today could probably fit in it.

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i think the bell is a sleigh bell not a crotal bell crotal bells usally only have one slot
also if you look at the top of the bell is it riveted if it is then it is a sleigh bell

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some good finds. I like the bell. That cellar hole looks like a good size one. The one I hunted today could probably fit in it.
Both Tony and I were saying the same thing when we came upon this one. It's a very large foundation.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt, thats a nice flat button

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff. I like the crotal bell and it looks in good shape. I like washing the soil out under the tap and hearing the bell start ringing again! :)
I like the crotal bells too. I found so many broken ones in my early detecting career.... took me a while to find an intact one. I've found a few intact ones now and it always puts a smile on my face when they turn up. Thanks for the reply.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The LC is in extremely nice condition. Quite a lot of detail remaining. My buddy dug 3 on a recent trip to NY and they were pretty toasted. Two from farm fields which makes sense. The third was just a bit better but still nowhere near the detail of yours. So excellent find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread