Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went down to America, to a small dying town where my wife's uncle lives. I hunted his yard, and he nicely secured permission for his neighbours old yard. When I was doing an empty green space behind these houses, a guy approached me and told me he lives next door and has detected everything around the area to death. I felt awkward hunting his stomping grounds, but he didn't seem to mind. He mentioned that another old abandoned house across the alley had the top 6" of soil scraped off. He detected it and found a penny. He said it would be ok if I tried it out, and he walked along with me, all the while telling me how bountiful silver coins used to be to dig up. As we got around to the front, I dug my fiftieth silver for the season (1962 Canadian quarter), meeting my goal. It was ironic that he was there, and had detected it many times before. I also managed the 1893 IH down the street, and the little sterling locket came from an old park. I also dug my second International Harvester token/medal. It was very deep, and I was sure it was going to be silver. All in all a good day!

Attachments

• image-1997646326.jpg
    image-1997646326.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 166
  • image-3226082229.jpg
    image-3226082229.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 9

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on hitting your 50 target!

It's my first year hunting, and I got silver coin number 40 yesterday. GL&HH.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on hitting your 50 target! It's my first year hunting, and I got silver coin number 40 yesterday. GL&HH.

Thanks, and if you're down in the Carolinas you should be able to hunt all year and get a bunch more! Unfortunately for me the deep freeze is coming soon lol!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too set a 50 silver goal, #50 was a 1794 1/2 reale, I'm at 53 silver coins, 8 non coin silver items

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too set a 50 silver goal, #50 was a 1794 1/2 reale, I'm at 53 silver coins, 8 non coin silver items

You people with your Spanish silver make me sick! But seriously, that's an awesome silver count for the year so far. I've been setting the 50 silver coin/year goal since I started back in 2010. Next year I'm not setting the goal, I'm going to go for quality over quantity.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You people with your Spanish silver make me sick! But seriously, that's an awesome silver count for the year so far. I've been setting the 50 silver coin/year goal since I started back in 2010. Next year I'm not setting the goal, I'm going to go for quality over quantity.

Hey it was my 1st Spanish and oldest coin lol, this is a funny coincidence but I told olddude the same thing, next year quality over quantity lol

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on meeting your goal of 50 silvers.

There's almost a small perverse pleasure in digging a keeper when some other person boasts that they've cleaned out a site, it's even sweeter doing it in front of them. The only thought that comes to mind when I listen to their detecting abilities is game on.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Im lucky to find any silver. Im up to one 1776 1/2 reale and a 1905 Barber. Thats two! One more than I usually find in a year. 50?!?! That is just incredible. Great digs.

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If my season was longer than 6 months/year, I'd find so much more!

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice!..at the rate I'm goin on silver should be at 50 in 4-5yrs.lol

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on meeting your goal of 50 silvers.

There's almost a small perverse pleasure in digging a keeper when some other person boasts that they've cleaned out a site, it's even sweeter doing it in front of them. The only thought that comes to mind when I listen to their detecting abilities is game on.

Cjon and I stopped to ask permission at a house last week and the guy came out and told me he and his neighbor both detect very seriously. I told next time someone tells me that, I'm gonna say " Let's have a contest in your yard" and Chris says " Yeah with winner taking all!". I should video it to get the look on their face, lol!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cjon and I stopped to ask permission at a house last week and the guy came out and told me he and his neighbor both detect very seriously. I told next time someone tells me that, I'm gonna say " Let's have a contest in your yard" and Chris says " Yeah with winner taking all!". I should video it to get the look on their face, lol!

Pretty much my best ever hunt where I got 2 barbers, a seated, multiple indians, and wheats came from a "previously hit" spot, I like the challenge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions