One silver dime, a lighter and two what is its?

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One silver dime, a lighter and two what is it's?

A short hunt today with Treblehunter. Nothing really big, but am curious about the metal thingy with the face. It is very light and had some kind of a seal in the back. Maybe a lid for something? The lighter is not silver, I don't think. I wish. If anyone knows anything about her I would be happy. I love it whatever it is. what is it 012.JPG what is it 007.JPG what is it 008.JPG what is it 010.JPG

Upvote 6

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No clue, but if I were to guess, I would say those finds are from the 1920's, as it seems the style is art-deco

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry can't help ID but a lid for something sounds good to me. I love cameo's, I used to buy them for my mom every year when I was young.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you please post a photo of the back?

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a photo of the back. You can see a piece of the seal still inside the rim. It is very light, maybe tin? It looks like it had something on both sides of the back too. What, I do not know. A latch, hinge maybe. 003.JPG 002.JPG

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for that.. I believe your piece may have been the decorative front to a horse bridle rosette

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possible, but a little big for that I think. And the theme seems wrong. More a girly thing I think. My hands are small. It is not quite 2 inches wide.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your hands are small yeah I would change my mind now

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love that lighter. If I were going to start any new collection, it would be old lighters.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a lid to a makeup compact? She is pretty, but the Merc is too, glad you found them. All I got were a couple of wheats and a old tootsie car at that house. That house just like the other had at one point or another been hit hard by someone. Our area was loaded with people in the 70's on metal detecting, still is. When I go out knocking on doors, 3 out of five places tell me they detect and have done there house. Did you really go over that lighter with a loop looking for a silver/sterling mark? When I found that match stick case the mark was very small and I almost missed it. Try a little baking soda paste on it and see if it don't shine up like silver?

Nice finds, I'm going to go around dinner time and ask for permission at a couple of those beautiful houses, the one yesterday with the two old houses that are gone and that one old place that you said you always wanted to live at.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a pic of my finds, 1923, and 1940 wheats, tootsie cars, and part from a pocket watch.
20141028_064128.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread