Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Job IP, 2 numbered pewters is a good hunt any day...I think, as I've got the grand total of one to date.
Any other finds ? or are those just the only ones you thought worth posting ?

I had a good plan, but field after field after field was just not working out. This would be a hunt you never would have heard about if it wasn't for a little spot with a bit of iron, a few bits of lead, and those two buttons. I believe it would have been the most grim hunt I've had this year considering how much effort was made in research, driving, and swinging in conditions that were far from perfect.... but even though my thinking can get in the dumps on such a day, the addiction and knowing how things can change fast always keeps me motivated and wanting to try that one last field. It's just too bad we didn't get on a site with lots of digging as that was the goal.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWESOME buttons :headbang:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If Vino can't tell you they're fake, may I? [emoji56]
It's quality, not quantity. Good day!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice smooth faces, especially on the one. Edges crumbling as is usually the case. Do you plan to coat them and with what? I used to use clear fingernail polish, but I like diluted Elmer's glue better now.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice smooth faces, especially on the one. Edges crumbling as is usually the case. Do you plan to coat them and with what? I used to use clear fingernail polish, but I like diluted Elmer's glue better now.

Clear lacquer. Thick coat to the edge and back, and wipe the face to leave it thin there. I plan to redo all my pewter buttons this Winter as some aren't as stable as I thought they were.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buttons! Congrats!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find IP, I am still looking for my first numbered pewter button. Maybe I am looking in the wrong province.:laughing7:
ZDD

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find IP, I am still looking for my first numbered pewter button. Maybe I am looking in the wrong province.:laughing7:
ZDD

Area no doubt counts, but it's also a numbers game... so if you don't dig a lot of buttons you have to count on pure luck a little more than maybe creating your own luck. So many people are very keen on getting those coin signals when they hunt a new area or find a new site, but at least half the time the best find to come out will not be a coin signal.

PS: I have no problem waiting if something great is building up and is on the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread