VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We are beginning to hunt a little. Doug & I hit a Gen. John Hunt Morgan C.S.A. camp on Monday. I returned there solo on Tuesday. My few finds from that hunt are shown in the pic with the brass spur. I have made a few scouting trips but nothing promising so far. Josh has been digging a few relics & buttons as his work schedule allows.
After scouting two sites yesterday morning without promising results, I went to a nearby site that the Trio lightly hunted about 3 years ago. I thought that we may have overlooked a few relics because of the soil being dry that spring. This site is between two U.S. Infantry camps & near a good water source. We call it the “Triangle”. My finds from a 2 hour hunt yesterday and a few hours this morning during the rain are shown on the paper towel. I do enjoy digging those dropped .69s. Attn. F75 users-some of the .69 cal. “Big Boys” were 9 in. deep & read only a “12” on the display but had a good tone. Moisture content was ideal.
The campfire lead, square nails, & utility knife validate our feelings that was indeed a camp for a short period & not just a resting area near fresh water. All 3 of the “Triangle” camps were issued different caliber weapons. The camp I hunted today used mainly .69 cal. rifles (early war), one camp used .58s, & the third camp had .54s.
The only eagle button I dug had a damaged face. Unfortunately, most of the buttons dug in fertilized fields will be in poor condition from now on.
The campfire lead that looks like a horse face in the pic is interesting but just a coincidence.

Thanks to those on Tnet who watch our videos. You helped us hit a milestone 15,000 views with 176 subscribers. HH from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN1350.JPG
    DSCN1350.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN1351.JPG
    DSCN1351.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN1338.JPG
    DSCN1338.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 9

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the milestone! I am proud to say I am one of your subscribers because I always enjoy your videos and find them very informative, and of course entertaining! How could they not be, right?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like a little bit of a tough hunt this time. But, the relics are still showing.

Thanks for sharing!

mikefromIllinois

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2008
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-3D
Congrats on the finds. Enjoy and watch all your videos on here. Those old western shows sure bring back memories of a kid growing up in the 60's. To bad they don't make many westerns anymore.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
I enjoyed the video as usual. I hope to be in some of them starting next week. I also hope we find more wrench's because we have a bunch of friends with screws loose. LOL

N.O. noir et d'or

Dec 9, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
White's Dfx 300, Fisher CZ20, Garrett ATX, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Q, Many thanks for the Video! I had forgotten how nice the theme song for The Virginian was. I noticed that the iron spike was exactly like the one from a previous hunt. I have found several of the same in the Port Hudson area. I thought them to be railroad spikes, but you're finding them at camp sites. I'm beginning to think they may have been used as tent spikes as well. Thanks again for including them in your displayed recoveries. N.O.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quindy,
Thanks for another great video and taking the time to shoot them for us. Congrats on the recent CW recoveries and all the YouTube viewers.
Happy Halloween Buddy!

-DUHg-

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the milestone! I am proud to say I am one of your subscribers because I always enjoy your videos and find them very informative, and of course entertaining! How could they not be, right?

Thanks OD. They are much more entertaining when the other 2 Trio clowns hunt with me. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looked like a little bit of a tough hunt this time. But, the relics are still showing.

Thanks for sharing!
About 2.5 hours was all I wanted yesterday WAF. We are in the low 30s this am with a North wind. Thanks, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the finds. Enjoy and watch all your videos on here. Those old western shows sure bring back memories of a kid growing up in the 60's. To bad they don't make many westerns anymore.
Mike, I heard that during the week in the 1960s there were 27 different westerns on TV. Ah, they were the good ole days if you liked westerns. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I enjoyed the video as usual. I hope to be in some of them starting next week. I also hope we find more wrench's because we have a bunch of friends with screws loose. LOL
You can STAR in one next week if you find what I think may still be there. We could use a BOX of wrenches-LOL. Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Q, Many thanks for the Video! I had forgotten how nice the theme song for The Virginian was. I noticed that the iron spike was exactly like the one from a previous hunt. I have found several of the same in the Port Hudson area. I thought them to be railroad spikes, but you're finding them at camp sites. I'm beginning to think they may have been used as tent spikes as well. Thanks again for including them in your displayed recoveries. N.O.
N.O., they seem to be a little shorter & small dia. than a tent spike but too big to be used on wooden crates or ammo boxes. If we keep digging them in CW camps, tent spikes are a good guess. HH, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Quindy,
Thanks for another great video and taking the time to shoot them for us. Congrats on the recent CW recoveries and all the YouTube viewers.
Happy Halloween Buddy!

-DUHg-
It's about time for you to dig another banner MM. I'll mail the CW metric wrench to you-LOL. Stay thirsty my friend, Q.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Another great video Quindy. I always enjoy them. I hope to hook up with you guys this fall and winter and see if we can find something. I'll talk to you this week. Do you have a topo of Bethpage, Tennessee?

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another great video Quindy. I always enjoy them. I hope to hook up with you guys this fall and winter and see if we can find something. I'll talk to you this week. Do you have a topo of Bethpage, Tennessee?
No topo map of Bethpage but other parts of Sumner County if you need them. Let's go hunting soon!! HH, Q.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fine video, Q! :) Always love to see..and the pics. Did you all get any halloween snow? brrr I've seen a lot of pics coming out of Gatlingburg and the Smokies this morning.
WTG on the finds! The horse is really neat!
Nana :)

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy.....I don't need one. I was going to tell you about some things that may be good (may not also) but you may need a topo map of that area to follow. I'll call you early next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread