Revolutionary war relic?

Rich jaws

Oct 27, 2014
NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a walk with my detector through woods near where there was a British encampment during the revolutionary war. The item I found was in three pieces when found and is quite toasty. My guess is that it is off of a musket but really not sure at all. Also found the fork in the same area but I don't think the fork is that old. The quarter is for size reference only.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 1
OP
OP
R

Rich jaws

Oct 27, 2014
NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing some research and it looks less and less likely as if the part is from a musket. It is cupped on one side as if it was attached to something but not sure what. Baffled here.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My theory is it's part of an old farming implement.

OP
OP
R

Rich jaws

Oct 27, 2014
NY
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is too thin and light to be part of a farm implement. It feels and looks more like a decoration for the side of something or other.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took a walk with my detector through woods near where there was a British encampment during the revolutionary war. The item I found was in three pieces when found and is quite toasty. My guess is that it is off of a musket but really not sure at all. Also found the fork in the same area but I don't think the fork is that old. The quarter is for size reference only.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Looks to be tin framing for something more turn of the century. It absolutely is not Rev War period. Keep at it, the finds are there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread