I won my first seeded hunt! Besides the seeded stuff I found wheats, Rosie, and ring!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with Vino to the XP Deus Boot Camp today. It was held by Andy Sabisch and his wife Charlene. After our class we went to a giant school for a seeded hunt I found the most tokens total to win first place. I also found five wheats, a 1961 Rosie and a junk ring. I always referred to the seeded hunts as Easter Egg Hunts. But the competition really drove me nuts! It was fun and my highlight was finding the stuff that wasn't planted there. I found a planted camera vial with wheats in it and one of the tokens got me a 1937 Merc!
Very informative day that should really open some doors to some more finds at some of my old sites I have hunted in the past.
Thanks George, it was a great idea to go.

Enjoy the pic
HH & GL
Brad

Upvote 13

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the victory, and the extras.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on winning!

I know what you mean about the competition. I've only gone to one such hunt. For me, the speed hunting just made me feel tired and disappointed. This wasn't what I got into the hobby for, to run races around a field to show I could run and dig faster than anyone else. Sorry, not for me.

Nice prizes though.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on winning!

I know what you mean about the competition. I've only gone to one such hunt. For me, the speed hunting just made me feel tired and disappointed. This wasn't what I got into the hobby for, to run races around a field to show I could run and dig faster than anyone else. Sorry, not for me.

Nice prizes though.
I feel the silver I get from the seeded hunts is tainted. Absolutely love finding it on my own

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel the silver I get from the seeded hunts is tainted. Absolutely love finding it on my own

Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel? Glad you had fun and learned some new things, Brad.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool that you guys learned a lot. Not thinking you know it all and going to watch someone who learns machines for a living can rely pay off in the long run. Are you guys going steady now? Lol

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on winning!

Nice prizes though.
My first prize was a pair of 329.00 headphones.

yeah, that what I said, that the wheats and Rosie felt better.

Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel? Glad you had fun and learned some new things, Brad.
The place they seeded was about 2000 acres, it had two schools on it a new one and a old one that was falling into it's self (probably early 1900's) So I was surprised it was kind of overwhelming and felt like it was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Cool that you guys learned a lot. Not thinking you know it all and going to watch someone who learns machines for a living can rely pay off in the long run. Are you guys going steady now? Lol
Knowledge is power.
Stop making fun of my boyfriend and me.

I knew I shouldn't have posted this, I had a feeling it would get twisted like this, ha oh well I got big shoulders

To be perfectly honest, we have always felt the same about seeded hunts (never been to one) We made fun of them, always calling them "Easter Egg Hunts" I was the last guy to get there and was real slow getting ready. When I asked Charlene where the seeded stuff was I was VERY surprised to see the size of the school grounds. Ball fields, giant yards in front, sides and back. So I thought to myself, " heck I'm going to look around that old school" when I pulled in the old school caught my eye right away. I didn't even know it was a school until she told me. Everyone else ran right out front of the new school. I laughed and thought "the hell with the tokens I'm going to hunt around that trashy looking old school" I looked at Charlene and told her I'm going old school, lol I made a beeline right over to it and got five minutes into it. In a 10 ft by 10 ft area I found the five wheats, then the Rosie, then the ring. Then there were two huge oaks that I found the tokens and camera vial around. When I found the silver dime I must of spoke louder then I thought (head phones) One of the other guys was in the baseball field about 50 yards from me. He yelled "what did you find?" Ha lol I almost lied to him because I wanted to keep that area for myself, haaaaaaa.

So the moral of the story was, it was fun, I got lucky, I learned ALLOT about my new machine and now I'm going to find ALL the treasure, ha lol
My boyfriend found a really cool 925 crucifix. He should post a pic of it. He won something besides (coin) There was no colonial there and he just was not interested I believe. You guys know me, a 1961 Rosie still gets me excited!

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff. sounds like you had fun

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look out guys...Now i know my detector!!
Im going to find some old stuff now...
George...
PS..Abe dont be a hater,Because me and Brad have a beautiful friendship. .
Lol.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the hunt. It's really cool that you were able to get a silver that was not planted. I am excited to see what the class has taught you about the Deus. Hopefully some really nice finds will be forthcoming... maybe that illusive seated will appear.

I am very happy for you and Vino... I will leave it at that, and show myself out...

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look out guys...Now i know my detector!! Im going to find some old stuff now... George... PS..Abe dont be a hater,Because me and Brad have a beautiful friendship. . Lol.
Ummmm I think they call that a relationship. Like boyfriend and boyfriend. I think it's beautiful fellas

mangum

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the win! I've been the program director for my club the past 2 years & can't participate in our seeded hunt (more than 3K in prizes, that I have to buy!). I resigned this year & look forward to getting in on some of the fun.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing anything to make yourself a better hunter is well worth it. The seeded hunt was a learning tool and you'll both be better off for it.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I would have loved to attend that school/hunt. Congrats on your win.
ZDD

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I would have loved to attend that school/hunt. Congrats on your win.
ZDD

I noticed you guys bought those Xp Deus machines a while back, for us guys who are looking for that really old stuff, you know it's hiding in that iron. I'm learning that this machine, if set up correctly can be used in many different conditions, but really excels in the iron.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for all the comments.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Glad you learned a lot had fun and won! Nice combo!
I've never been to a seeded hunt may go someday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread