I won my first seeded hunt! Besides the seeded stuff I found wheats, Rosie, and ring!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: I won my first seeded hunt! Besides the seeded stuff I found wheats, Rosie, and ring!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Coin licker

Jun 2013
    New Jersey
    Minelab Excalibur II XP Deus Garrett pro pointer XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
    10940 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I won my first seeded hunt! Besides the seeded stuff I found wheats, Rosie, and ring!

I went with Vino to the XP Deus Boot Camp today. It was held by Andy Sabisch and his wife Charlene. After our class we went to a giant school for a seeded hunt I found the most tokens total to win first place. I also found five wheats, a 1961 Rosie and a junk ring. I always referred to the seeded hunts as Easter Egg Hunts. But the competition really drove me nuts! It was fun and my highlight was finding the stuff that wasn't planted there. I found a planted camera vial with wheats in it and one of the tokens got me a 1937 Merc!
    Very informative day that should really open some doors to some more finds at some of my old sites I have hunted in the past.
    Thanks George, it was a great idea to go.

Enjoy the pic
    HH & GL
    Brad

I love this hobby so much, now I'm a coin licker!

Charter Member
    us
    Surf-N-Turf

Aug 2014
    San Diego
    Fisher CZ-21, Tecnetics Omega 8000, T-Rex 9.5"
    495 times
    Metal Detecting
    Congrats on the victory, and the extras.
    treblehunter likes this.
    "A bad day of metal detecting, is better than a good day at work"

Can You Dig It

U.S. Navy (Retired) 1986-2009

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    16154 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Congrats on winning!

I know what you mean about the competition. I've only gone to one such hunt. For me, the speed hunting just made me feel tired and disappointed. This wasn't what I got into the hobby for, to run races around a field to show I could run and dig faster than anyone else. Sorry, not for me.

Nice prizes though.
    Old Dude and treblehunter like this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Member of Northwest Treasure Hunters

Nov 2013
    Spokane Wa
    Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil Whites MX Sport With Detec
    2462 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by WHADIFIND View Post
    Congrats on winning!

I know what you mean about the competition. I've only gone to one such hunt. For me, the speed hunting just made me feel tired and disappointed. This wasn't what I got into the hobby for, to run races around a field to show I could run and dig faster than anyone else. Sorry, not for me.

Nice prizes though.
    I feel the silver I get from the seeded hunts is tainted. Absolutely love finding it on my own
    UnderMiner and treblehunter like this.

us
    Feb 2013
    Luzerne County, Pa
    Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
    9218 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDog View Post
    I feel the silver I get from the seeded hunts is tainted. Absolutely love finding it on my own
    Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel? Glad you had fun and learned some new things, Brad.
    treblehunter likes this.

us
    Oct 2013
    Topsham, Maine
    Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
    8302 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Cool that you guys learned a lot. Not thinking you know it all and going to watch someone who learns machines for a living can rely pay off in the long run. Are you guys going steady now? Lol
    treblehunter likes this.
    "Life which is lived without zest and adventure-is not life at all."
    -F.A. Mitchell-Hedges, British Explorer
    2017 BEST FINDS
    -1723 KG1
    -Colonial Cufflinks
    Oldest Coin To Date: 1652 Pine Tree Shilling NOE 29
    Colonial Silver To Date: 11
    Hammered Coins To Date: 1664 Potosi Mint COB
    1653 Copper Cob

us
    Coin licker

Jun 2013
    New Jersey
    Minelab Excalibur II XP Deus Garrett pro pointer XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
    10940 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WHADIFIND View Post
    Congrats on winning!

Nice prizes though.
    My first prize was a pair of 329.00 headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by MackDog View Post
    yeah, that what I said, that the wheats and Rosie felt better.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
    Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel? Glad you had fun and learned some new things, Brad.
    The place they seeded was about 2000 acres, it had two schools on it a new one and a old one that was falling into it's self (probably early 1900's) So I was surprised it was kind of overwhelming and felt like it was going to be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab8 View Post
    Cool that you guys learned a lot. Not thinking you know it all and going to watch someone who learns machines for a living can rely pay off in the long run. Are you guys going steady now? Lol
    Knowledge is power.
    Stop making fun of my boyfriend and me.

I knew I shouldn't have posted this, I had a feeling it would get twisted like this, ha oh well I got big shoulders

To be perfectly honest, we have always felt the same about seeded hunts (never been to one) We made fun of them, always calling them "Easter Egg Hunts" I was the last guy to get there and was real slow getting ready. When I asked Charlene where the seeded stuff was I was VERY surprised to see the size of the school grounds. Ball fields, giant yards in front, sides and back. So I thought to myself, " heck I'm going to look around that old school" when I pulled in the old school caught my eye right away. I didn't even know it was a school until she told me. Everyone else ran right out front of the new school. I laughed and thought "the hell with the tokens I'm going to hunt around that trashy looking old school" I looked at Charlene and told her I'm going old school, lol I made a beeline right over to it and got five minutes into it. In a 10 ft by 10 ft area I found the five wheats, then the Rosie, then the ring. Then there were two huge oaks that I found the tokens and camera vial around. When I found the silver dime I must of spoke louder then I thought (head phones) One of the other guys was in the baseball field about 50 yards from me. He yelled "what did you find?" Ha lol I almost lied to him because I wanted to keep that area for myself, haaaaaaa.

So the moral of the story was, it was fun, I got lucky, I learned ALLOT about my new machine and now I'm going to find ALL the treasure, ha lol
    My boyfriend found a really cool 925 crucifix. He should post a pic of it. He won something besides (coin) There was no colonial there and he just was not interested I believe. You guys know me, a 1961 Rosie still gets me excited!
    slowwevo likes this.
    I love this hobby so much, now I'm a coin licker!

us
    Jun 2011
    Oklahoma
    White's XLT
    4618 times
    good stuff. sounds like you had fun
    treblehunter likes this.

us
    I would rather be happy then right

Jul 2013
    Pa.
    Ctx3030. Xp deus
    5049 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Look out guys...Now i know my detector!!
    Im going to find some old stuff now...
    George...
    PS..Abe dont be a hater,Because me and Brad have a beautiful friendship. .
    Lol.

us
    Silver Coin Fiend

Apr 2014
    Charlotte
    XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
    16071 times
    Digging In Strangers Front Yards
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congrats on the hunt. It's really cool that you were able to get a silver that was not planted. I am excited to see what the class has taught you about the Deus. Hopefully some really nice finds will be forthcoming... maybe that illusive seated will appear.

I am very happy for you and Vino... I will leave it at that, and show myself out...

us
    Oct 2013
    Topsham, Maine
    Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
    8302 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vino View Post
    Look out guys...Now i know my detector!! Im going to find some old stuff now... George... PS..Abe dont be a hater,Because me and Brad have a beautiful friendship. . Lol.
    Ummmm I think they call that a relationship. Like boyfriend and boyfriend. I think it's beautiful fellas
    treblehunter likes this.
    2017 BEST FINDS
    -1723 KG1
    -Colonial Cufflinks
    1653 Copper Cob

us
    Anthony

May 2013
    City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
    Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
    6752 times
    Nice job..
    treblehunter likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    AT Pro, MXT Pro Back-up
    3515 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congrats on the win! I've been the program director for my club the past 2 years & can't participate in our seeded hunt (more than 3K in prizes, that I have to buy!). I resigned this year & look forward to getting in on some of the fun.
    treblehunter likes this.

us
    Oct 2013
    Topsham, Maine
    8302 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Doing anything to make yourself a better hunter is well worth it. The seeded hunt was a learning tool and you'll both be better off for it.
    treblehunter likes this.
    2017 BEST FINDS
    -1723 KG1
    -Colonial Cufflinks
    1653 Copper Cob

us
    Zodiacdiverdave

Mar 2011
    The North Atlantic Ocean
    XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
    1368 times
    Man, I would have loved to attend that school/hunt. Congrats on your win.
    ZDD
    treblehunter likes this.
    Living the dream

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links