Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted up my recent finds for a few weeks but thought it was time I did.

I was detecting one of the many sporting fields in my area when I was approached by a guys who was an official for the local netball courts. I thought it would be the standard "whatcha doing" query followed by "don't dig on my courts". Aside from all their courts on ashphalt they have about nice grass courts as well. As it turned out he was happy to see me. Apparently they had a big carnival with 1000 people and a lady had dropped her gold crucifix and he asked me to find it giving me full permission to detect all the grass courts. So far I've spent about 12 hours looking for it. I figure that it was probably picked up by someone on the same day as she lost it but I'll finish up my seach over the next week or so. Not only haven't I found the crucifix the courts themselves are pretty slim picking.

As such I've gone a few more miles down the road to another huge playing field where my kids play soccer. The pickings have certainly improved. I've been there three times in the last week and have found about $50 in coins, some nice rings and other bits and pieces.

My heart almost stopped when I pulled out the ring with a big stone but the ring itself looks a bit cheap so I figure its just a cubit zirconia. The other nice ring with the knurled edges is a really nice solid silver ring which my wife has taken to wearing (but i'm keeping my eye on it)

I went to the field on Thursday (which is adjacent to a school) and the luch bell rang and all of a sudden I found myself surrounded by schoolkids asking questions. I politely suggested that their teacher wouldn't like them talking to strangers and headed to the other side of the fields. A lot of the schools here are built adjacent to big playing fields but they aren't school property as such so its no problem detecting them. I'm pretty lucky as the state I live in has no detecting laws and as long as you don't damage parks, fields etc you can detect pretty much anywhere which is public land.

Attachments

• animals.JPG
    animals.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 324
  • badges.JPG
    badges.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 330
  • rings.JPG
    rings.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 325
  • faux diamond.JPG
    faux diamond.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 332
  • silver ring.JPG
    silver ring.JPG
    12.6 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Harry_Morant said:
I politely suggested that their teacher wouldn't like them talking to strangers and headed to the other side of the fields.

LOL ;D, Yeah kid's get a little annoying sometimes, some days I don't mind chatting but others I just like to be left alone. Great digs Harry. Well done.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Harry. Good luck on finding the crucifix.
I bet your heart was pounding when you dug up that diamond (CZ) ring. ;D
Thanks for the post & pictures,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread