Lots of clad, and a funny way to find a silver ring

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drive by this little park/sleding hill/outdoor skating rink in the Winter, all the time on the way to the beach. Last year I stopped late in the year, and did very well on clad. With very cold weather comming, today was my last chance maybe for the year. As expected I was cleaning up on the clad, when all that morning coffee caught up with my pea size bladder:BangHead:, darn I dont want to leave, so I headed to the beach 2 blocks away, there is a porta john...........................was a porta john, gone for the Winter. Great..so I head for the waters edge, and a sea wall, when I was able to relive myself, the whole time causualy swing my detector...............when bang a solid repeatable 82 high tone. So when I finished what I came for, I dug , and there was this silver .925 band:hello2: What are the odds? Returned to the park, and dug some more clad. What a day, lots of diggin:laughing7: 101_7318.JPG

Upvote 8

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice detecting work on the clad,good amounts there ! And it is always good finding silver too !!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HE do work in mysterious ways. :)

Nice find!

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt that beach a lot, without much success, even slim pickens for clad, most days.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
WoW! Now I know what to do to attract silver within my detector coil reach. Thanks for the tip. BTW Nice take.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread