Buckle Find (?) at 1812 House

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was searching the yard of a house built in the early 1800's yesterday and unfortunately (and surprisingly) didn't find any old coins but did find what I think are parts of couple of buckles. The rectangular one measures 2 1/2" x a little over 1" high, and I think there was probably a keeper that went with it. Hopefully the experts here can advise on that and also an approx. age. The only find was a nice quarter sized flat button, back marked Gilt and with a crown on the other side of the shank. Thanks for your help. 089.JPG 090.JPG 092.JPG

Upvote 4

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help you on the rectangular one, but the other is a swivel (horse tack). I wouldn't give up on the place yet.

OP
OP
Metdet49

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Tools Little Eagle
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Steve. A horse tack swivel makes more sense. I just wasn't thinking along those lines.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a very nice old flat button. As Steve said, that's worth some slow thorough detecting.

OP
OP
Metdet49

Metdet49

Dec 25, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks O.D. I'm going to try and get back there, if not this season hopefully in the spring.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep def good potential there. Get in the iron and go nice and slow. Dig every little ugly weird chirp you hear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread