Yesterdays Hunt, Coppers, Acorn Button

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a hunt with Patriot and a couple other fellows yesterday and while Patriot stole the show there were lots of interesting finds! The only bad part was with the sun setting so early we couldn't hit a couple more prime looking fields we had permission for.
My finds were a handful of coppers including a pair of 1882 canadian large cents(I think I've now gotten 4 1882s in the past month!), 1813 trade and navigation token, IH cent and a couple crustys. Also got the piece of a rifle, interesting acorn button, neat buckle and a few other odds and ends.
IMG_5025.JPG
IMG_5026.JPG
IMG_5028.JPG
IMG_5027.JPG
IMG_5029.JPG

Upvote 6

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of keepers you fellas came away with. We ain't froze out yet brother lol

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That acorn button is really neat…hard to see that design on the piece of lead….That site should be productive for some time to come especially surrounding fields…Great finds buddy!

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping mother natue feels sorry for us and holds off a while yet!
Lots of keepers you fellas came away with. We ain't froze out yet brother lol

Yup, that lead piece is beat up but there's just enough to know it had something on it not just random marks. that area is gonna keep us going for a while, I really want to get onto those other fields and even into the woods, surely going to be more old sites around!
That acorn button is really neat…hard to see that design on the piece of lead….That site should be productive for some time to come especially surrounding fields…Great finds buddy!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very productive hunt, time to break out the headlamp for some extra time out there.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool acorn button. I have one similar but thought it was a strawberry. Ill have to check when I get home. Keep up the good work

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving youself chances at least ! Even if Patriot stole the thunder it was a good hunt ! It sure beats what we have in store for us in a few weeks ! MaineRelic

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs, I think I like the buckle best, but no close up of it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The acorn button looks to be a circa 1830 Livery Button. Different.

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs, I think I like the buckle best, but no close up of it.
I like different buckles, it was pretty corroded so I decided to give it a run through the rock tumbler, looks better to me for displaying now.
IMG_5044.JPG

The acorn button looks to be a circa 1830 Livery Button. Different.
Sure is different, which I like!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's only 1/4 of what came out, and good looking fields in-hand, then I guess we'll be seeing more oldies real soon! IH and I need some fields like that! ...and I am working on it. :icon_scratch:

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice site you have going there, I bet you get a bunch more goodies out of it.
ZDD

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure was a nice spot, although I've never seen a field with so much iron, pottery and glass from one end to the other. And we only hit the part of the field Patriot got his spanish in the last few minutes before we left. I think it's gonna hold another few nice ones!
If that's only 1/4 of what came out, and good looking fields in-hand, then I guess we'll be seeing more oldies real soon! IH and I need some fields like that! ...and I am working on it. :icon_scratch:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure was a nice spot, although I've never seen a field with so much iron, pottery and glass from one end to the other. And we only hit the part of the field Patriot got his spanish in the last few minutes before we left. I think it's gonna hold another few nice ones!

Obviously activity for many years so no question you'll find more good stuff. I really have to find us one good old site here before freeze up!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the earlier site is where I found the Spanish but also think there is more potential on the other side of the road..

OP
OP
Hunthicks

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, one of those types of sites that anything could show up!
Obviously activity for many years so no question you'll find more good stuff. I really have to find us one good old site here before freeze up!

I think so, hopefully in the spring we can hit the grown up part. And across the road and the other side of the creek will keep us busy for a while.
I think the earlier site is where I found the Spanish but also think there is more potential on the other side of the road..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread