Critters Mill site Update

TOWcritter

I took the MXT back to the "Rock" and got a huge signal right in front of it. I dug down about 8 or 9 inches and found.......an old shovel head!! Somebody beat me to it. The thing was basically falling apart in my hands. No handle left on it. Oh Well. Here are the pics of what I think is the main house cellar hole. DEEP! I'll need a ladder. I invited Bjorn up to do a little digging with me after I get back from Vegas. Hopefully with 2 of us we'll have something good to report in mid-March. All depends on mother nature.

Attachments

• P2180222 (Small).JPG
    P2180222 (Small).JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 296
  • P2190229 (Small).JPG
    P2190229 (Small).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 295
  • P2190230 (Small).JPG
    P2190230 (Small).JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those holes collect a lot of debris, leaves always pile into them. You might consider trying to rake away as much as you can before detecting. If the dirt is black and easy to dig then you aren't even close to the original foundation dirt. The finds will be deep! Good luck and it looks like a very interesting spot. HH, Mike

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Looks good TOW. Next time you better take some pruning lobbers! ;D Good luck.....In Vegas too!~CO2

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
The shovel head may have been used to erect the stone. Perhaps a little treat was left at the bottom of the hole before refilling.

The glass is certainly a good indication of what's to be found. Again, looks pretty much devoid of modern trash, that's an advantage.

Nice pictures and description of the site.

Bring home some gold from Vegas! Good luck.
Talk to you later.

Bjorn

S

SASQUASH

If you starting finding real old RELICS & COINS then you might want to sift to get things your M.D. cant get like marbles I have found hundreds of them that way GOD SPEED. SASQUASH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions