DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG Finally got a new permission and decided to check it out.Nothing good yet,mostly found a bunch of whatsits,but looks to have some good early potential so far.Permission is kind of hard to get around here these days,so I am a little excited about this one.Now I am just hoping there is something decent hiding around there.HH

Upvote 3

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Potential? That sites producing. Is that little pull tab looking thing an iron buckle? Looks real old and it looks like a nice knee buckle frame next to it. Good buttons and some rusty relics is a good day in my book

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Greylock,The little buckle is brass,not sure what it might have been used for maybe a spur buckle?It seems to thick for a kepi buckle but I don't know.Besides the couple buckle and few buttons it is just bits and pieces so far.It beats going back to the same old exhausted places that's for sure.I just hope it keeps producing.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I like the brass built ones better. I'm not sure what it was used for. Never found one and looks too old for my area. I see them dug by some guys down your way so hopefully they will shed some light for us. It's tough when sites dry up but you have to remember how much fun you had digging it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buttons and buckles are still good finds! Good hunt, good luck on your next hunt there.

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya man,nothing good lasts forever.Last time I was hunting one of my old places I was taking advantage of the leafs, kind of a marker to show where I have already walked,and combed the site real slow.Still didn't find anything.But I am kind of die hard when it comes to places where I have found some pretty good stuff ,so I am sure I will be back anyway.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start, Keep us updated :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread