Cold weather hunting aint easy!

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent this weekend digging with a few fellow MDers on Sunday but spent Saturday as well as Monday and today swinging at the parks. We've had a sudden change in temps and cloud cover which I think affected my Safari a bit. The darn thing would chatter nonstop for a good. Five to ten minutes while I messed with sensitivity and other settings to get it to stop... Anyone else have this problem?

Anyway, I digressed from the finds part of the hunt... Despite the machine acting up I was able to still pull some clad as well as a 1917 and 1927 Merc as well as a 1949 Rosie followed by a 1892 and 1887 Indian Head. Some wheaties were to be found as well as two that seem to have been cut at the same spot... Nothing to terribly exciting but still the highlights of the past four days.

Happy hunting!
Joe

Attachments

• image-2349600252.jpg
    image-2349600252.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 4

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have been Electrical interference maybe an underground cable?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silvers and Ih, always good finds. I would guess it is in fact the cold weather. Do some searches on "Cold weather detector" or other word combs in the search box. I know there have been other posts in the past on how cold temp affects machines.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will tell you that I have had my machine go crazy a few times and it was caused my my cel phone. Anytime my phone was searching for a signal my T2 would go crazy. Shut the power off on the phone and back to normal. Not saying that's what you're experiencing but it's happened to me quite a few times. Something g to keep an eye on.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got to get out while we can, might be a long cold winter even though I heard there is supposed to be an El Nino, which can mean milder temps in the northeast. Nowadays, when my F75 gets chattery, I make sure the connector from the coil cable to the box is tight. For some reason the nut wants to work it's way loose and that compromises the connection, making the machine unstable.

OP
OP
A

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info and advice regarding the issues with my machine. I will definitely do some reading on the recommended search Helix! I'm traveling for work this weekend to LA so I'll be hitting beaches in my off time! Happy Hunting to all!

Joe

TwoRivers

Oct 1, 2012
Northeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Minelab Sovreign XS

Minelab Excaliber 1000................Garrett Pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice assortment of finds, silver coins always make the hunt more enjoyable!.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread