Beautiful 1870 INDIAN HEAD, 2 Round Balls

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't get back to Pine Tree Point today but I had my eyes on a spot that I was pretty excited to check out. Very early settlement and an area where they would meet to get supplies off a boat and meet the boat to go to town. Very hard to get to which is what I like. So off I go through the woods. I knew the only way to get there came very close to private property but thought I was all set....Wrong! I walked into a spot and there were posted signs everywhere. Icy cold river on one side and private property on the other. Back I went, a bit dejected. I went home for a bit and then decided to go to a spot pretty close back that's on a salt water bay.
I've got an F75 LTD right now that I'm trying out. Thanks to a man who's name is an alcoholic beverage made from grapes :-). Anyway I took it to this spot that I've hunted quite a few times before. Pome of the first signals was a coin. Figured it was an IH but it was sealed in a crusty container. Sometimes coin next to the ocean will get sealed in this crap. Sometimes it's a cures and sometimes it's a blessing. I didn't hunt long because I'm about to have a very busy afternoon. So I found a couple of round balls and that was about it. I so wish I had taken a pic before I stuck this thing in the very hot hp but I never thought I would be posting it. Once I started to get it cleaned up I could see that it actually looked pretty nice underneath. These Indian heads are the toughest coppers in my opinion. They seem to often clean up well and can take some hot hp baths.
I normally wouldn't post a single IH but this one is a nice date in decent shape I wanted to show how well it cleaned up. It's got a ways to go but I'm out the door. Thanks for looking
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Let me say the F75 LTD is a damn impressive machine. Very impressed with it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Upvote 10

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad you posted a single IHC. It's a beauty.

I'm also glad to hear that F75 is working out. I heard it's like the T2 but actually better with coins.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH Buddy. Congrats.

A question: How similar is the F75 to the T2? I know the programs are different, but they share lots of the same technology. Would love to have a backlight, and the fact that prior settings are saved when the unit is turned off is a plus. Will admit the T2 setup is so quick I never have considered setup much of an issue though.

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is in incredible shape better than many of my rolls of Indians lol

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , that's a honey ! I'm always stunned at how nice these coppers come out - 100 - 200 years later , but the ^%$# Zincolns come
out with leprosy (Zombie coins !)

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe that 1870 is in sweet condition I got one two years ago in the same shape nice semi key IH..congrats man..

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found them toasted barely recognizable and a slow warm hp bath cleaned them well. Turns them black. Yours did well and is nice! I would not know how else to clean a toasted one.
Good coin Ahab.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A nice old Indian and a pair of big ole round balls is a good hunt, unless your last one gave you a tree and a hammered silver. I'd like to say I feel bad for ya, but I never was a good liar, lol.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Abe another killer coin, yeah it's not a pine tree or a cob, but man that IH is full of detail

Good job yet again

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very sweet semi-key date Indian- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking IH, that one coin makes a hunt.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IH looks fantastic. The dirt I'm looking right now makes 'em look like they've been at the bottom of the ocean for centuries.

Mi$terG

Jan 25, 2013
Eastern MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Now that's a nice IHC. Nice work, Abe. Maybe you can work out a different entry point to get to your site. The clock is ticking my friend. Freezing temps overnight means cement ground in about a month... Best of luck!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IH looks fantastic. The dirt I'm looking right now makes 'em look like they've been at the bottom of the ocean for centuries.
It's funny because I had a bunch that had that crust in my closet. One night I decided to put them all in some very hit peroxide and let them sit there all night. Some of them were beautiful underneath. They're very resilient coins.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a nice IHC. Nice work, Abe. Maybe you can work out a different entry point to get to your site. The clock is ticking my friend. Freezing temps overnight means cement ground in about a month... Best of luck!
Thanks bud. Unfortunately there's one way in and one way only. I'm gonna have to find the property owner and request permission to walk across. Should be fine just gotta do it. Could be a great spot. I WILL get back to Pine Tree Point before the freeze. 20 degrees this am

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad you couldn't get into that first site Abe. Sounds like you need a boat or kayak, or maybe a pair of ice skates pretty soon. At least you made a nice find. That IH is in awesome condition with very sharp detail. Glad you could make it out.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too bad you couldn't get into that first site Abe. Sounds like you need a boat or kayak, or maybe a pair of ice skates pretty soon. At least you made a nice find. That IH is in awesome condition with very sharp detail. Glad you could make it out.
Thanks Bill. I just didn't prepare as well as I should have and got what I deserved unfortunately but I will figure something out. It will be a great spot I believe.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a good little cleaner, I could use you around the house.
Nice finds.

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice coins, thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions