Our day started peacefully, and ended on a hilarious note

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend, with awesome finds and clear or warm enough to go out and hunt! We were able to get out today, it was about 43 degree's out, clear crisp blue sky and the Canadian geese constantly flying over us, it was awesome! frenchmans bar.png untitled mt baker.png We decided to hit the grass today, it was a bit too chilly down by the water, so we hit an area we haven't hit yet. It started quite peacefully a peaceful day 001.JPG Chug found this little one down about an inch, his fingers were freezing by the time he got it out of the sand/dirt grass. The park we were at is very sandy, even in the grassy area's. We had been there awhile and as I was swinging and watching the ground, 3 women walked kind of close to me, they had two dogs with them, they had to be our ages or close, anyway,they were talking just loud enough for me to hear, and I swear, you can't make these things up!
All 3 saw me and one said "Oh I know what she's doing, she is looking for coins and jewelry" Another one said she saw shows on TV, where they go to landowners and private property, and destroy the land while looking for stuff. All three were now talking and I swear, I couldn't decide whether to talk to them, tell Chug what I had heard, or stay quiet, so I decided to keep swinging and looking busy so they would keep talking. I heard things such as we are destroying the land, one even said we were stealing and thieves, and what we find is NOT ours, and we need to be in jail for STEALING other people's property! They pay their taxes, and they don't want to pay taxes if the city keeps letting people like us dig up the grass or wherever we may be.
BangHead.gif
I'm so glad I didn't tell Chug, or say anything at all, it reminded me of how closed minded and idiotic some people can be.
tongue3.gif

What happened after that is hilarious, again, I can't make these things up! I found 26 cents, and this.. Frenchmans bar 11-16-14 019.JPG LOL Chug found his groove, Frenchmans bar 11-16-14 027.JPG and about $1.30 in clad, tons of bottle caps and pull tabs, ewwww and wait for it......... Frenchmans bar 11-16-14 021.JPG Yep, he struck silver again!!
occasion14.gif
Yeah baby!! he has been rocking the silver the past couple of months!
notworthy.gif
I've run out of fingers for the rings he keeps finding! I didn't leave disappointed either, I was rewarded with this Frenchmans bar 11-16-14 022.JPG Frenchmans bar 11-16-14 024.JPG it's a cute earring, it's just big enough I might be able to turn it into a little bracelet for a child, I'm making Christmas presents this year, one of our tenants has 2 grandbaby girls, they are around 7 years old and they love to come over and dig in the box of toys I save for them, from our finds.
laughing7.gif

I eventually told Chug about the women, I'm glad I didn't tell him at the park, he was furious and would have gone after them to show them all the garbage he had in his pouch, including broken glass, until I reminded him of what we found today! I think their negative energy gave us good luck, thanks to people like that, there will be stuff for us to find, for a long time, it gave us a laugh, and it reminded me of one of my favorite judges on TVs. Her motto is "Beauty is fleeting, dumb is forever!"
icon_thumright.gif

Just think, there might come a time when one of them will lose something precious and who will they call to find their jewelry?
icon_scratch.gif
Yeppers, one of us, LOL Take care and stay safe everyone, I hope you all have a great week, and keep sharing your finds! Red
hello.gif

A little update to my last post, remember the signet ring Chug found? Frenchmans bar 11-16-14 008.JPG We went to our favorite pawnshop on Saturday and had them look at it. It's sterling silver and the B is 14 karat gold! :occasion18::occasion18: So it's official, his first silver with gold found with his AT pro!
occasion14.gif
His other gold finds this year were eyeball finds. He was hoping to find some, he has had "Give it up" for almost 3 years and he finally finds a ring with gold!
occasion14.gif
I knew you could do it! 1656274_633668970002821_119436459_n.jpg lolcatsdotcomfvdd32p65hgp1szm.jpg Here comes Monday!

Last edited:
Upvote 8
OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT MONDAY AGAIN!!!!!!!

richardson

Jan 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus;
Nokta Makro Anfibio;
Garrett AT Pro;
Tesoro Vaquero;
Fisher F5;
Whites Eagle Spectrum - Started it all
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love the stories as much as the finds!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those women must live very boring lives to be that stupid.
Keep up the good work and dig us up some more great finds! :thumbsup:
Also that squirrel pic made my day :D

bootybandit

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2014
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21,
Tecnetics Omega 8000,
T-Rex 9.5"
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome story! Congrats on the great finds!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Chug & Red nice finds there, at least you got enough goodies to stay interested, that earing is good looking too ! I am done with detecting for the year here now have some snow on the ground and things are icy.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually had that same scenario play out for me once. I heard a couple blabbering about how that old
scavenger was a plague and was causing the trees to die from all the roots he digs up. And much more.

I had earphones on but I could hear them.

It wasn't but about an hour later and here they come again! Only this time, right for me.
I muttered to myself, uh oh, here it comes.

When they reached me they asked if I could help them find the car keys they lost on their walk about an hour ago.They were stuck and didn't
know what they were going to do! LOL

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a pair of "ladies" at a local park accuse me of stealing and I said: "No. I'm picking up litter."

And I usually have a pouch of bottle caps to prove it.

I wonder if they think fishermen are stealing?

rayrayvegas

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Lately I was also accused of stealing a communities history and treasures, the lady said she was offended seeing me in her neighborhood stealing what should stay there. The funny thing is she operates a small African American museum and I explained to her that she more than anyone else should understand preserving history. I told her I would gladly donate anything I find of historical significance to the community to her and donate my time to look for anything that they may require. After telling her its not doing anyone any good staying in the ground she agreed but after further discussion I realized it was not all about the history but that I maybe making money and profit that should be hers. I told her its funny everyone else in this community had no problem with me and gave me tips on history and locations except her. Anyways I will stay true to my word if any thing significant presents itself to me and will donate to her museum which is nothing more than a house with a painted sign out front.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds you guys! Awesome! congrats!

As for the three ladies, you can't fix stupid! Wonder if they'd pick up a dollar bill if they saw it laying on the ground.

The squirrel pic made me cringe! Lol!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds you guys! Awesome! congrats!

As for the three ladies, you can't fix stupid! Wonder if they'd pick up a dollar bill if they saw it laying on the ground.

The squirrel pic made me cringe! Lol!

They would call 911, wasting tax payers money!!! I would Snatch it up and Keep walking!!! Chug

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! Me too!

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds there, and interesting story, thanks for sharing.
The unfortunate and unspeakable truth is that those type people are so filled with well developed (and often well deserved) inferiority complexes and self loathing, that they can't help but try to self elevate themselves to "holier than thou" with thoughts and comments like what you overheard. The sad truth is that it wasn't at all about what you and yours were doing in your own pursuit of happiness, it was all about what they and theirs have done with their one life on this Earth. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread