3 Extremely Rare and Valuable Coins Found in my Dads Collection

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
3 Extremely Rare and Valuable Coins Found in my Dad's Collection

My Dad gave me this box of coins two years back. I never really took a good look at these coins until now. The two that are the most interesting in my opinion are the Commemoratives. The other coins are cool as well so I decided to take a video on the coins. The 2015 Red Book says that the 1938 Oregon Trail Half Dollars is worth 1350 for the set at a MS 66. MY 1938 S is a MS 67. Yes I have the single coin, but I think this is a extremely high grade making it a extremely high rarity. The 1936 Albany half dollar lists a MS 66 as 535$, and mine is a MS 66 so that is listed but the coin still is extremely rare. Yes I found this in a box, not in the ground with a detector, however this is sill a very rare occasion and worth mentioning. Any information or your opinion on this would be highly appreciated!

Upvote 4

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection your dad knows how to collect them ! :thumbsup:
Just remember they are something your dad took pride in and cared for and admired so they are priceless no matter what monetary value they may have. 8-)
You should add to this collection and maybe hand it down to your kids one day !! :headbang:

Keep @ it and Happy Stacking !! :hello2:

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
Yeah I completely agree I never sold a coin in my life thank you for your opinion I will pass it down to my kids.( if I ever have any hahaha)

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Slabbed and graded uncirculated coins as a gift, are always a very special gift indeed !

I have my fingers crossed that Ahab (Abe) gets his pine tree coin graded and sends it to me as a gift!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was there a windstorm in your house?..lol

You should really try just taking pictures of these, if you can upload a video, im sure you can figure out how to upload pictures

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:hello2: Thanks, jolteon, for the video of your gorgeous silver coins! :hello2: They are truly beautiful and a very special gift from your dad. :hello2:

While my mom & dad were struggling for a few years when we four daughters were very young, my dad had to sell what few gold coins he had collected and also sell his stamp collection. But he & my mom kept his silver coins and they were passed on to us daughters. Not in mint condition like yours but still a very special gift. I've already divided them up to give to my grown children someday, but can't quite let go of them yet. Thanks again! Andi

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
No problem I like it when people pass coins down from generation to generation it means a lot to see that now in days.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To many coins for pictures.

Thats a weak excuse

You mean its takes a little more time to upload pictures? You can post as many pics you want in these threads. The videos are hard to see anything, most the time its out of focus and gives me vertigo when you are moving around, I understand you want to get views on your Youtube videos, but you could spend a little time after you make the video to show more detailed pics

those are my comments

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Thats a weak excuse

You mean its takes a little more time to upload pictures? You can post as many pics you want in these threads. The videos are hard to see anything, most the time its out of focus and gives me vertigo when you are moving around, I understand you want to get views on your Youtube videos, but you could spend a little time after you make the video to show more detailed pics

those are my comments
I have to agree. I'll probably get jumped for saying this but I have watched 3 of your vids now and in the future I will be skipping over any of your posts that have a you tube link. No offense. My choice to make. Folks have tried to help you take better videos for example suggesting that you stand still while filming and have also suggested taking pictures instead in some cases but you choose not to listen. That's cool. I choose not to look. All the best.

OP
OP
jolteon

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
I respect that here is a pic it is just that on my iPhone it only lets me do one pic per post so that is why I do video links.

Attachments

• image-3565375605.jpg
    image-3565375605.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 140

Dirtwisher

Nov 1, 2013
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 9" and 11", AT Pro, Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I respect that here is a pic it is just that on my iPhone it only lets me do one pic per post so that is why I do video links.
Not sure why it only let's you do one. Are you using the app? A tip for picture taking for those using iPhones: use the zoom feature then back the phone away. It gives much higher resolution. I zoom about 70%. I think my pics are pretty good but you guys can be the judge. Those are great coins but again I think they can be clearer. I should say those are awesome coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions