🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with olddude today, i had a plan of hitting my cornfield nice and early, I only had 4 hrs due to babysitter constraints lol so we headed up to the field and it was about 21 degrees out!!!, well we drive up over the hill and BAM!, CORN NOT CUT YET!, I can't type the words I shouted out at that moment, ok plan b, quick permission seeking. It took us about 35 minutes to gain permission at a nice turn of the century house, managed 6 keeper coins and a couple relics, not much trash but I was very selective what I dug due to the top 2 inches of ground being frozen solid!!! Here's the take for the day 3 ihs, 3 wheats, 2 spoon pieces and a small mangled buckle 20141121_141519.jpg 20141121_141741-1.jpg 20141121_142845-1.jpg 1912, 17, and 42 wheats, 1881,99, and 1907 indians, not a bad way to maybe end my 2014 season, I'm hoping to get out to that freakin field once it's cut, good luck and hh!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 13

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah im gonna invest in a new toy for 2015 myself! still hanging on to the hope I can get out again before the deep freeze, but with work, baby duty, and deer season, looks kinda grim:BangHead:

I think you guys are giving up on the season too soon. I'm predicting a warm up on the way and you'll have more detecting time.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you guys are giving up on the season too soon. I'm predicting a warm up on the way and you'll have more detecting time.

I hope you're right, I ain't done yet lol!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I hope you are right Beez. On the way home, I stopped at some cornfields and got permission for them lol. Now if my new Lesche shovel will get here by the time I am off next week!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you are right Beez. On the way home, I stopped at some cornfields and got permission for them lol. Now if my new Lesche shovel will get here by the time I am off next week!

Oh good! Another possible find when I come along behind you. I could use a new shovel. ;)

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The IHs alone would be considered a great day in my book! Looks like they're in nice condition, too. The ONE I found the other day is eat up something fierce.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save on the coppers hope ya can get into that corn field before the big freeze, I only lasted about hour half today just to cold many parts of the ground are frozen good luck bud...

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The IHs alone would be considered a great day in my book! Looks like they're in nice condition, too. The ONE I found the other day is eat up something fierce.

Nice save on the coppers hope ya can get into that corn field before the big freeze, I only lasted about hour half today just to cold many parts of the ground are frozen good luck bud...

Thanks, yeah I think this week will warm up a bit and perhaps my stupid field will get cut lol!!

Can't tell I'm still ticked can ya lol!!!

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, looks a bit dreary, moving toward the end of another year. Still, I don't have any bambi hunting season standing in my way. ;) LOL

It looks like you guys did ok for a Plan B. Maybe that cornfield will finish your season with a bang!

Ending your season so soon? Maybe your just rational and I am a true nutbag..lol

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ending your season so soon? Maybe your just rational and I am a true nutbag..lol

Oh no sir, I'm gonna try lIke heck to get another hunt or two in!!!

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up the ghost yet ! Head for the woods it'll be frost free for a while. Good luck

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be out until I start developing the metal detecting claw..when your hand muscles freeze in the gripping position..lol

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ALL HUNTERS NEED TO WILL IT TO WARM UP!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread