MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites coin master gt..ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Giving my brutal work schedule during the week and because its gets dark early, I decided to devote a good portion of the day swinging. So I set off to regular spot right down the road from me..Brrr.... westerly wind of off the hudson at 12 mph...cold, very cold....so much so, the sand was frozen..lol...even this flash frozen beached bunker.
Bunker.jpg

People were driving by staring at me like I am nuts...lol...yes I am.
Nuts.jpg

So I went for the gusto and took a 30 minute road trip down to Jersey and hunted this 100+ acre park with some history to it. It was a camp in 1780 for Maj. "Light Horse" Harry Lee and his Virginia Light Horse, father to Gen. Robert E. Lee and Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roche Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette ...say that ten times fast..

Start swinging away, not knowing what I am going to find, wham! I get a solid hit..dig it up in the semi frozen ground, its an untrimmed round ball, two feet away, another round ball..I could've dug at least twenty if the ground was fully thawed...
RBs.jpg

Unfortunately, with my luck, no other Rev items other than those round balls...I did manage to bag some battery money with $5.89 in Clad.
589.jpg

....two Ruger 9mm FMJ's
9mm.jpg

and a over cooked wheatie
cooked.jpg

Here's the ammo count for the day..
Ord.jpg

Upvote 3
OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I have to get a measurement to find out what caliber they would be..I'm guessing .44

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds. Get back out there on sunday or monday, there going to be nice days here in the NY area.

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. Get back out there on sunday or monday, there going to be nice days here in the NY area.

Without hesitation, I'll be there..where there is round balls, there's button and coins

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL, you did not but i have to say....I love it, too. I am, however, thinking of getting something that gives more depth as i have gotten some awesome permissions for some really old sites, including the battlefield and the Vermont sites, dating back to before the rev. war.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, love finding roundballs, hey the goods don't come easy, good job getting in a hunt in the cold!

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, love finding roundballs, hey the goods don't come easy, good job getting in a hunt in the cold!

Unless its 10 degrees and all the water ways are locked with ice, I am out swinging....Bottle digging/sifting in the summer...swinging and digging the rest of the year

OP
OP
MuckyBottles

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Stony Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, you did not but i have to say....I love it, too. I am, however, thinking of getting something that gives more depth as i have gotten some awesome permissions for some really old sites, including the battlefield and the Vermont sites, dating back to before the rev. war.

I am a whites man through and through had one for the past 20 years and I still have one, but I must say, this is a solid machine and for the price you can't beat it. I am still trying to get understand the beeps, bobs and doohickies like these round balls maxed my machine out...I didn't have my mini-shovel with me, just my little fiskars being that it is a public park in all, so god knows how many of these little lead blobs I could've pulled of the ground...Ironically, all these were found around the base a couple massive red oak's..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread