Scotish hammered coin

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Hello, had two more hammered coins this aft. One a shot, probably Edward 111. The other much more interesting. Looks Scottish, and should clean up great. It's a very nice big un-clipped penny. The pictures taken under house lights are poor. Will post some more hopefully Tuesday. Most coins of this type tend to be of the Scottish king Alexander. Not sure about this one yet, will see when cleaned.

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_6031.JPG
    IMG_6031.JPG
    351.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6032.JPG
    IMG_6032.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 7

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you're killing it lately brother! Keep it up man. You must have one hell of a collection of hammered coins. Nice to get a big boy that hasn't been clipped or cut

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Man you're killing it lately brother! Keep it up man. You must have one hell of a collection of hammered coins. Nice to get a big boy that hasn't been clipped or cut
Hello Ahab cheers. Yes got a decent collection. haven't forgot the picture of the hammered gold. harder to find the picture, than the coin itself :laughing7:. I did post a picture of the straightened coin, back then. If all else fails, could post a pic. from the auction catalogue.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Ahab cheers. Yes got a decent collection. haven't forgot the picture of the hammered gold. harder to find the picture, than the coin itself :laughing7:. I did post a picture of the straightened coin, back then. If all else fails, could post a pic. from the auction catalogue.
Did it sell? Tell me all about it. I love this stuff lol

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
That coin looks rock solid. Waiting patiently for the cleaned product. Ok, maybe not so patient. Got to look sweet.

Ia.FurTrade

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ooh! That's going to be a fine one when it's cleaned up! Congrat's, Robfinds!!

Iowa Dale

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread