Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. You think you're nuts? Look what I hunted in this morning lol!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417030084.257796.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417030139.159859.jpg

I got permission last week to hunt some new fields, and with the weatherman saying a few inches of snow, I had to go scout a bit. I just got a new Sampson shovel too and wanted to break it in. I am impressed with it. Awesome digger!
When I arrived at the fields, it was really just starting to snow. 2 - 2 1/2 hours later, there was a little over a couple inches of sticky wet stuff. Really made swinging the coil hard to do as it was very heavy and sticking to the stock coil. Finds were definitely not impressive at all, but did find my first bird band if that is what it is.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417030673.743903.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417030719.007144.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Upvote 10

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lord! You're a better man than me. There is no way I'd venture out in that crap! Cool finds though. Hats off to you my friend

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bud. First off you've got some serious issues and need help immediately lol. I don't think that's a bird band. I've found tons of similar looking tags and used to think they were bird bands. Then I found this and realized they were not. I'm not positive but here is one

image-4226474716.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks a bit large, if you can get the info on it copied here we can probably
tell you more.

You do have a Problem though :laughing7:

even the word snow makes me shiver :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It says
EQY
Clinton
1A - 42

Last edited:

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a bird brain for going out in the snow..Dont know abot bird band..lol.
George

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a bird brain for going out in the snow..Dont know abot bird band..lol. George
Lol oh that is too funny....and sadly, true :-)

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh come on George and Abe! No hunting tomorrow ( probably lol ) cause of Thanksgiving. I go back to work Saturday. Monday starts gun season for deer so some fields will be off limits and then there's the big freeze coming! Make sense now? Lol.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey I've hunted in worse conditions and found less, what kind of button is that?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh come on George and Abe! No hunting tomorrow ( probably lol ) cause of Thanksgiving. I go back to work Saturday. Monday starts gun season for deer so some fields will be off limits and then there's the big freeze coming! Make sense now? Lol.
To be transparent here I was night hunting in February last winter with a headlamp. I found an area in some spruce trees and cedar trees that I could hunt. I was staying until midnight or so. By myself out in the middle of nowhere. Lots of strange noises out there at night.
I think the tags I've found have something to do with the electric or phone company and go on poles

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am convinced these fields are hiding something Chris. It will take awhile to find the hot spot. That town was part of the Connecticut claim and had some settlement in the second half of the 1700's.
The button was a bummer. I thought it was a nice little 1800's 2 piece, but it's more modern. The back is steel and has a squared shank. Very early 1900's probably. It has an anchor with 2 flags above.

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That don't look too bad. The people around Buffalo would say, "Who Sneezed?"

I hope that new shovel has a very long handle for when it gets deep! LOL

Maybe you could spray your coil with some Crisco spray, keeps things from sticking. ;) LOL

Didn't they make some bird tags out of silver?

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually used my snow scoop so I could detect. Makes it easy to grid lol

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That don't look too bad. The people around Buffalo would say, "Who Sneezed?"

I hope that new shovel has a very long handle for when it gets deep! LOL

Maybe you could spray your coil with some Crisco spray, keeps things from sticking. ;) LOL

Thanks for that tip, lol. These fields are on the southern end of your daughter's town, Gary and border the river. You know that area has some history. There is a plaque I found ( while detecting lol ) on the north end of town that says " On this spot, the first meeting between Whites and Natives in this area happened on blah blah date ". Next time you're up, I will take you there.

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe some sort of livestock tag?

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually used my snow scoop so I could detect. Makes it easy to grid lol

That's a good thing about corn fields....you can use the rows to grid. And you say I have a problem, Abe! I am sure it's probably colder there in Feb than here. I did hunt last Christmas night for maybe an hour with a little snow on the ground ( since we're making confessions, lol ).

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a good thing about corn fields....you can use the rows to grid. And you say I have a problem, Abe! I am sure it's probably colder there in Feb than here. I did hunt last Christmas night for maybe an hour with a little snow on the ground ( since we're making confessions, lol ).
Ok here we go....I SLEEP WITH MY TREE COIN! Ahhhhhhhh it feels good to get that confession off my chest

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread