VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Tennessee Trio met for a 3 hour hunt yesterday at a U.S. Camp. However, the site turned up some Colonial, CW, & post CW relics. Doug found a brass sash buckle that looks Colonial. I dug a quarter sized silver plated button with shank that had a feather or fern design on the front and a one piece domed brass button (see pic).
Josh dug 2 dropped pistol balls, eagle button back & what could be a brass ramrod. Doug recovered part of what looks like a poker chip made from a bullet, pistol ball, & a brass scabbard tip. I dug a dropped .69 cal. 3 ringer.
As to post CW, I dug a circa 1950 pocketknife and a pewter relic about the size of a half dollar that lists a lot of early 1900s farm equipment and reads “Lace Implement” on the back. Doug believes it was an early 1900s watch fob as it mentions “hay press” & “cream separator” (see pic below buttons). We all dug horse harness relics that could be CW or later.
While Josh & I were on one hill, Doug found 6 iron railroad spikes in one small area that would have been tent sized on the opposite hill. Later, Josh dug a few in the same area. However, no RR was there during the CW. The Tennessee Central RR came there in 1886 so we are puzzled as to how & why they are there on that hill. We hunted a U.S. Colored Troop Camp with Tenn. Digger a couple of years ago and that place was loaded with RR spikes used as tent pegs
Enjoy the video & Happy Thanksgiving from the Trio.

Attachments

• DSCN1392.JPG
    DSCN1392.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • DSCN1392 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN1392 - Copy.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN1398.JPG
    DSCN1398.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 11

Top Member Reactions