Need help identifying

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was metal detecting a little old farm field by my house in south jersey this past Sunday. Came across this. Looks to me like some type of suspender clip. Was wondering If anybody can tell me who the image is of or what it is for sure? Maybe be able to tell what time period the item is from. Thanks and happy hunting!!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 5

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a suspender clip to me,A very interesting one at that.Someone should be along to help you out.Nice find

OP
OP
MikeDiG

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. It's cool looks like 1800's to me not sure. The face is fatigued almost similar to a Native American but it has the 13 stars around the image to represent the 13 colonies. So I'm not quite sure.

19cbb

Nov 16, 2012
Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think the suspender clip depicts Geo. Washington, or maybe Jefferson?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 98% sure that is GW! Awesome find. Take a look at this and see if it looks similar

image-3888778754.jpg

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok now I'm not so sure myself but the stars and GW would fit well together

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is just about the funniest thing I have ever seen on here. Like having a 6 year old draw the sketch of a murder suspect! :laughing7:
Hey don't you have something to do today buddy? Lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
George was very sick at the end lol

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that really the best profile shot you could find? :laughing7: But there is 2% you are not sure... I wonder why. :laughing7:
Ha ha ha I thought maybe I'd be the only one on here today and I could sneak that through lol. But I should know better. Ok I'm actually 108% sure :-)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I make one good find and now I think I know everything :-)

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know that it's a suspender clip - perhaps a book strap ornament - it has a crimp buckle closure that
I associate with a strap or belt . As to dating ,I should think late 19th /early twentieth C. Nice Find .

OP
OP
MikeDiG

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I thought George Washington or Thomas Jefferson can't find a good side profile picture of either that really matches the one in the clip. Does anybody have an idea of what time period it is from?

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find. Congrats.

Oh Abe...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May I correct Abe for once? Lol! Pretty sure that is NOT GW. I have never seen his depictions that gaunt. Thomas Jefferson did have similar features and it could be him. What are the 2 items on either side? The pic is a little blurry and they might give a clue. Nice little clip, whatever it is. Congrats.
Abe, in your defense, that etch a sketch pic wasn't THAT bad, lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread