Gun found on Thanksgiving day :)

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this toy gun today in a 45 minute hunt in the rain with my new Fisher F75 SE... The grip was approx 3 feet from the rest of the gun... I have not had time to clean it up yet? Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Gary from Oregon

toy gun 2   11-27-2014.jpg toy gun 11-27-2014.jpg

Upvote 12

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gary that's a cool find! I'm pretty psyched to have a T2 SE and an F75 LTD in my arsenal right now

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is full size like an old Colt revolver but feels like a toy gun. Going to clean it up in the next few hours... Fun to find though :) It poured down rain all day here in Oregon...

Ahab8 ... great choices in detectors! T2 SE and an F75 LTD in my arsenal right now :)

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They used to make toy guns that actually took cartridges that shot smoke. The key would be the cylinder. If it is die cast it is a toy.

frojones

May 3, 2014
Wise, VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I hit an old deteriorated home. From what I can gather by looking at old aerials and maps, the house dates back to the early 1920s, or perhaps even older. The entire front was a jungle and the back yard was basically wetlands so I had no luck digging any coins, as they probably sank over the years in the damp soil. However, about 3 feet from the out-house (which was standing in water and had literally sunk over half its height into the ground) I recovered this toy gun a few inches down. It is the first complete toy gun I have found. There doesn't seem to be any distinguishing markings on it to suggest what company made it, but it is much smaller than most toy guns I have found so far. It is quite pretty though!

20141127_223636.jpg

Toy guns are always fun to find. Good job!

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool find frojones!!!

I cleaned the one I found this morning and did some googling and this is what it looked like when new. It said these were made in the 1950's & 60's... You would have been a lucky kid to have gotten one of these :)

fanner-50-crossdraw.jpg fanner-box1.jpg

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find Jedi! I had one when I was a kid but lost all the bullets in no time. Lol The old cap guns that used the plastic caps in the circle were sweet too. The hammer actually cocked and it was a double action! Can you imagine how much trouble the kids would be into today with these?

OP
OP
masterjedi

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya I remember having the cap guns with small plastic caps in a circle :) They were loud too...

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find, good research, that must of been a fun gun as a kid.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread