Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you get the gold mine the other times, well, just dirt. I went thought one penny box today. It's been dry lately, and I've been looking for the 2014 double dies. After the nap. Pulled out 9 Canadians including a 1955, two 1955 Lincoln poor man's double dies, two steel cents which was a surprise, a 1903 Indian Head, 1 1972-P double die type 3 and 43 other wheat cents, earliest 1920, some with D and S mint marks. Happy Turkey Day.

Upvote 3

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe I would enjoy coin roll hunting. Unfortunately, where I live none of the banks has a coin counter so everything has to be re-rolled to turn it back in. That seems like a lot of work.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe I would enjoy coin roll hunting. Unfortunately, where I live none of the banks has a coin counter so everything has to be re-rolled to turn it back in. That seems like a lot of work.

In my opinion, that would be the ideal scenario. Coin counters take time too - their time, which I doubt is a good thing to maintain a sustainable relationship. I'd rather roll, and that way you can roll all your crap clad from detecting too.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep all the Canadians. Found some from the 1940's and 50's in the rolls recently.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread