Colonial finds at athletic fields, my fifth dollar coin! Gold gilt button!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Called oldjerseygirl and was on my way to meet her when she got the "call of duty" call for babysitting help. So I carried on without her, went to a spot that she found a beautiful King George earlier this summer. Very windy, very cold, I hunted for about two and a half hours. I really was hoping to find silver but ended up finding two nice buttons, one very interesting gold gilded button that has backmark that reads," John M. Johnson--Market Street-- Philadelphia" I have to google that yet and see what I come up with. Also found a nice plain flat button, flatware handle with a makers mark that reads," L. B." and a 2007 Thomas Jefferson clad Presidential Dollar.
Nice outing, haven't hunted in a few days, cold but good to get out, too bad Becky couldn't go.
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20141128_160824.jpg 20141128_160908.jpg 20141128_133409.jpg 20141128_160935.jpg

Upvote 11

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like finding those dollar coins ! Obviously I'd like a large silver dollar better - but hey it beats a zincoln by country mile !

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is something wrong in your picture. I see grass and no snow:icon_scratch: Nice buttons, Brad. I found one of those presidential dollar coins back early in the year....didn't know what it was lol. We still have snow here and I go back to work tomorrow, so hopefully next week I can get out again.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know where the old stuff can be hiding. That's a good looking button and there could obviously be some nice coins hiding there.... Go get em

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just never know where the old stuff can be hiding. That's a good looking button and there could obviously be some nice coins hiding there.... Go get em

I was looking for the old stuff there, just makes for a good title. Becky should post that king George. The town it's in it's very well known for its south Jersey history. Tomorrow I'm hitting a 1600's site. My biggest problem is I'm in the densest state in our union. Very hard to find old history that hasn't been pounded. Still stuff to find.You never know when you might find one that wasn't pounded. They are still around.
I like that button, little tid bit someone missed.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way to keep at it, it's a losing battle but we're holding our own! :)

Ya know, I still think it ought to be against the law to make any coin that even looks gold! UNLESS! It IS
gold!

LOL

WTG!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something wrong in your picture. I see grass and no snow:icon_scratch: Nice buttons, Brad. I found one of those presidential dollar coins back early in the year....didn't know what it was lol. We still have snow here and I go back to work tomorrow, so hopefully next week I can get out again.

I'm in a good spot for last holdout, Delaware Bay keeps allot of that white stuff away. Come on down, you too Abe!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the way to keep at it, it's a losing battle but we're holding our own! :)

Ya know, I still think it ought to be against the law to make any coin that even looks gold! UNLESS! It IS
gold!

LOL

WTG!

What coin that looks gold?

You must be just looking at the pix?

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Colonial finds turn up in the least expected spots, I love the 1750's-1790's tombac button and it's amazing that the gilt is still on the brass button. The pewter spoon handle is also pretty cool. I have a feeling that there is more colonial finds there, perhaps a colonial coin.

Coinman123,

digndeep

Jul 28, 2014
cambridge,md
Detector(s) used
Xp ORX, whites v3, whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice buttons,never seen one hold its gilt so well..the previous owner must have waxed his buttons daily.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"little tid bit someone missed."
That's what keeps us going!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What coin that looks gold?

You must be just looking at the pix?

Oh, like the current dollar coin of the realm and a few hundred others. When I look in the hole
and see gold looking back, especially in a coin, I don't want it to be anything but! LOL

;)

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, like the current dollar coin of the realm and a few hundred others. When I look in the hole
and see gold looking back, especially in a coin, I don't want it to be anything but! LOL

;)

I didn't care

Lol

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first presidential dollar this past summer. I wish they were used more so they would be lost more lol. Nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread