1850s house

mfc83

Feb 27, 2010
MILLSBORO,DE
Detector(s) used
FISHER 1280X ,FISHER F2,BOUNTY HUNTER IV , TESORO CUTLASS UMAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got permisson to hunt a very small yard of an 1850s resd in lewes ,de yesterday was only out there for a 30 min i did score a toasted wheat and a couple clad coins was kinda disappointed but while talking to home owner she said there is a crawl space that leads to a under ground basement and if i would like to come back i could search it all i want she said the walls are brick but floor is dirt. i am so excited i have ext cord and lite also flashlite and headlamp a detector with 8 in coil and a detecter with sniper coil. now i have never hunted a basement before so not sure what i am getting into but figure i should inspect each brick to see if i can find a stash site and then detect floor very slow and dig every signal. go pro and amera packed stand by for the booty pics lol

Upvote 5

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck detecting the basement, my mother lived in an old house when she was a child and she remembers playing in the dirt basement and finding wheat and Indian head pennies, ceramics, and other interesting things. They added concrete in our basement in the 1960's, but I have always wondered what may lie right under it. Also, I hope that there are no pipes or other interference, that will make it impossible to metal detect.

I hope you find something great,
Coinman123,

Coi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread