Childs Mini-Cache!!

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least thats what I'm calling it. I was detecting an old homestead, hoping for some silver, gold, or better yet a cache :laughing7:

I started checking likely cache locations - around large trees, corners of the house, shed and fences, etc. Nothing. :sadsmiley: Oh well, I knew a cache was a long shot, time to settle in and start working. Some trash, a 70 something quarter, more trash, a '70 penny, more trash, a dog tag, more trash... Then I found the remainders of steel pipe that I'm thinking were the old clothes line. So I turned the discrimination off and the sensitivity up, and worked it slow... Not a SINGLE target :dontknow: not even a rusty nail... Oh well, keep at it and get a nice solid signal. Start digging, and out come an 80 something quarter. Check the hole - still beeping... feel around and pull out more coins, check the hole, still beeping... When it is all said and done, 7 quarters, 2 dimes, 2 nickels, all in a 2"x2" hole, directly between two of the old tree stumps. Oldest coin was a '64 nickel, youngest was an '86 quarter, so nothing special, but still cool to find. It looked like someone just dug a small whole and dumped the change in. Guessing it was a kid trying to hide his money from the siblings.

IMG_20141130_134603.jpg

Still a lot more ground to cover, but I have covered most of the ground around the house, so I'm thinking relics are my most likely find now. Thanks for looking!

Upvote 5

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Cool find! :icon_thumright: Sure seems like a kid's cache - guess the kid got too busy doing other things to look for it! Andi

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they're not too discolored, so probably haven't been buried very long. maybe a year or two. cool find!

OP
OP
AugustMoose87

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The spot they were buried is VERY dry, really fine sand. Things really don't corrode much there. Plus I did clean them up with peroxide before the picture.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! I love finding caches of any size!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread