Sorry ive been gone guys.

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Sorry i've been gone guys.

I just can't MD here, I am gettin really sick of not bein' able to md, So much rain, crap, snow, misc, LOL I hate this weather in OH, I havent posted on here in about 5 days, and i am felling bad, aehile ago i clicked on one of the older pages to see who used to be here and what they used to find, and only a few of them i were still posting on the forum, i swore i would never be one of those "1 time posting guys" and i am triying pretty hard not to, But It is very hard to keep up with everything, well this is just a sort of update, thanks for any replys, HH ur one and only Coin_Saver

Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: Sorry i've been gone guys.

Winter blues man, cabin fever changes you're frame of mind with out you're self even knowing. It creeps in like a theaf in the night and steals you're very soul. The good news is spring is around the corner and you'll be out before you know it!!. Hang in another month, the posts here will get hot and you'll be out in the great outdoors once again. Peace and HH bro

kenb

BRD

Mar 26, 2004

Like Kenb says, hang in there Coin_Saver.
My hunting partner and I live just north of Houston and we sometimes complain about the cold, rainy weather but we really don't have it bad at all, I guess. I'm not sure what I'd do if I lived in the cold country, like some of you guys and gals. We had a high of 72 degrees, or so today and it is supposed to be in the mid-seventies tomorrow. Hope the weather starts improving for you soon.
Keep the faith! Better days are coming.
BRD

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

We all have those feelings. This is a great time to hit the internet trail & do RESEARCH. Don't despair. Maybe someone will go kill the groundhog & spring will arrive with a flourish of great finds. Hit the forum more. Read the back stuff. Think of SILVER & GOLD just callin your name! Here I am! All you have to do is come find me. Spotz

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hear ya C_S! The weather here in New England stinks, too! It's tough to find much to post about when your detector has been sitting in the closet since early December! Keep your chin up, though, spring will be here soon. I say this as we are expecting 4-5 more inches of snow tonight! AAAAAHHHHHGGG!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Cheer up CS, just picture how much if falling to the ground in the bad weather as people run to and fro. Have no doubt that you'll have some of your best posts yet. ;) ;) ;) ;D keep smilin'

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500

Cold cold cold. Wow I know what your saying .
I got out hunting Friday morning and had to wear a coat for the first 2 hrs before it got out of the low 50s. 8)

But when summer gets here and your hunting colonial stuff that I wish I had the chance to hunt I'll wish I was up there.

Just for a quick visit though.

I recon youall have the same saying we do about a good Yankee and a bad Yankees ...

the good ones go back home after a while and the bad ones stay.

Just funnin yall. Spring will be here soon so take the batteries out of your socks and put them back in your detector.

Red

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Hang in there Coin-Saver,,, SPRING IS ON IT"S WAY!
I know the feeling, I decided to cheat oh mother nature & detect indoors...
I went down into the crawlspace of my old house... going bacj in agoin here sometime soon...
I got a post on here af a few of my finds,,, no old coins YET, but I'm sure I'll find atleast one...
Hope ya get to get out soon,,, Good luck & Happy Hunting~

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is why i like to fish. I fish all year long and when the weather is crap for detecting i'm fixated on fishing and fly tying which keeps me occupied and then BAM! Next thing i know it's time to detect again. We're in the home stretch now, wont be much longer 8)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

Don't know where you are exactly in Ohio but I've determined htat I'll just have to make a road trip south next weekend. Chicagoland too froze over and the ten day forecast looks like this: http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html?locid=60123

But a simple road trip of say three to four hours can get a 10 degree difference in some places. That can be the difference between frozen ground and playable ground. I see the Cincinnati forecast is above freezing all week for instance. Cinci is a little over 6 hours from me but there's some slightly warmer spots in Illinois and me and a couple others are now planning the day trip to dig in unfrozen dirt. Any help from you folks south of the frost line would be helpful! Where's the frost line at this time of year for your particular state and can you help out a day tripper or two?!?

Yeah, it starts out small, then snowballs into something bigger, DOH!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welcome Back C_S . ALOT of new Posts & Members in the last week here.

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II

Hang in there CS. The ground hog saw his shadow whatever in the hell that means! I noticed this weekend here in Denver that the Garlic, Day Lillies and Tulips are popping out of the ground. The pasture has got that "Is that green?" look to it. It won't be long now. Thank God for this site and all the MD crazies that frequent it~CO2

OP
OP
Coin_Saver

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio

Thanks for the responses guys, really cheered me up, As Spotz says, I feel like going out and shooting that darned groundhog, stupid thing did't see his shadow, is he blind or somthing?! Well thanks for the replys, HH CS

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee

C S hang in there and check out what every one else is finding. The pictures of every one else's finds keep me going. I also have been tying flies and fishing a lot Like True Metal said he has. It will be dry and warmer here tommorrow so I hope to get out and do some detecting.

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cabin fever has set in on me too. but spring is allmost a light in the tunnel now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread