3rd day in my yard. spoon, tiny navy ornament, tiny magnetic rock? & the usual junk.

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3rd day in my yard. spoon, tiny navy ornament, tiny magnetic rock? & the usual junk.

hopefully i am not boring/annoying any of you with my updates.. im just so excited starting this hobby. haven't felt like this in a long time.
if you feel i should post only with more significant finds, let me know.

today's haul:
20141205_175422.jpg

USNavy ornament? shy of 1/2" tall. has a solder/weld mark on the back.
20141205_175448.jpg

silver-plated WMRogers spoon. wish i knew how old it is.
edit: it appears to be a 1938 "Pickwick" design, but from all the pics i've seen, the company stamp style does not match mine...
20141205_175511.jpg

20141205_175612.jpg

small rock-like piece. after researching a bit, i tested it.. magnetic:yes, smooth:no, marks brownish-red on ceramic:yes, heavier than it looks?:not really. thought it was a meteorite at first. any ideas?
20141205_183325.jpg

i feel like i learn my machine just a tad more each day. i love it. although, my yard is so full of trash that i could dig a hole every 6 inches, so i try and distinguish the stronger or more valuable sounds. i do have discrimination off so i can hear everything. there hasnt been a hole i havent found something in, so i got that going for me. lol. if you've read this far, thanks for joining me! HH!

Last edited:
Upvote 4

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what it's about! All those lil treasures! Each are significant! The more you learn your machine
the more you'll find.

Keep finding and sharing!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing it right. Dig it all, especially when you are learning a new detector. Pay attention for the weak sounds though, that;s often the best stuff. And keep posting your finds!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't ever worry about your finds not being good enough. This is how you learn. And the other part of that is sometimes a good find might not look like much but someone on here with experience can let you know that you have found something interesting. The spoon maker was in business from 1801-1973 but I'm sure you can narrow it down if you look up that specific mark. They usually changed em up every so often. The navy piece is a nice looking find.
Now for the good part. It's obvious that you don't try to cherry pick and you dig all of the signals. This is going to pay off in a big way some day. Lots of great finds can give an iffy signal or a low vdi number. Tombac buttons and pewter buttons just as a couple of examples. So keep doing what you're doing and keep showing us what you find. If anybody doesn't like it they don't have to look. Good luck out there

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, keep digging!

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes.....keep up the good work (I mean FUN).........and continue to post your finds......it will help others, new to the hobby what to expect while learning their machine and enjoying this great hobby.......Also, it looks like the small USN pin/charm is sterling....are there any markings on the reverse, like .925 or the word sterling?
......maybe you have found your first silver item....Good Luck.

HH to All
Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
afxtwin

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes.....keep up the good work (I mean FUN).........and continue to post your finds......it will help others, new to the hobby what to expect while learning their machine and enjoying this great hobby.......Also, it looks like the small USN pin/charm is sterling....are there any markings on the reverse, like .925 or the world sterling??......maybe you have found your first silver item....Good Luck.

HH to All
Bill

nothing on the back except the solder/weld mark. it's not magnetic at least...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread