3rd day in my yard. spoon, tiny navy ornament, tiny magnetic rock? & the usual junk.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree11Likes
  • 4 Post By afxtwin
  • 1 Post By WHADIFIND
  • 1 Post By david680
  • 3 Post By Ahab8
  • 1 Post By treblehunter
  • 1 Post By wlb42

Thread: 3rd day in my yard. spoon, tiny navy ornament, tiny magnetic rock? & the usual junk.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2014
    NJ
    Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
    148 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

3rd day in my yard. spoon, tiny navy ornament, tiny magnetic rock? & the usual junk.

hopefully i am not boring/annoying any of you with my updates.. im just so excited starting this hobby. haven't felt like this in a long time.
    if you feel i should post only with more significant finds, let me know.

today's haul:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141205_175422.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	1088506

USNavy ornament? shy of 1/2" tall. has a solder/weld mark on the back.

Name:	20141205_175448.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	1088507

silver-plated WMRogers spoon. wish i knew how old it is.
    edit: it appears to be a 1938 "Pickwick" design, but from all the pics i've seen, the company stamp style does not match mine...

Name:	20141205_175511.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	721.3 KB 
ID:	1088508

Name:	20141205_175612.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	839.9 KB 
ID:	1088509

small rock-like piece. after researching a bit, i tested it.. magnetic:yes, smooth:no, marks brownish-red on ceramic:yes, heavier than it looks?:not really. thought it was a meteorite at first. any ideas?

Name:	20141205_183325.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	302.6 KB 
ID:	1088510

i feel like i learn my machine just a tad more each day. i love it. although, my yard is so full of trash that i could dig a hole every 6 inches, so i try and distinguish the stronger or more valuable sounds. i do have discrimination off so i can hear everything. there hasnt been a hole i havent found something in, so i got that going for me. lol. if you've read this far, thanks for joining me! HH!
    Last edited by afxtwin; Dec 05, 2014 at 08:10 PM.
    WHADIFIND, david680, Yontz and 1 others like this.

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    25921 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    That's what it's about! All those lil treasures! Each are significant! The more you learn your machine
    the more you'll find.

Keep finding and sharing!
    afxtwin likes this.
    "When one loses hope that things will return to normal. It makes it very difficult for them to become so." - WIF

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Jun 2014
    Salem, Indiana
    Tesoro Bandido
    1442 times
    You're doing it right. Dig it all, especially when you are learning a new detector. Pay attention for the weak sounds though, that;s often the best stuff. And keep posting your finds!
    afxtwin likes this.

us
    Oct 2013
    Topsham, Maine
    Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
    8337 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Don't ever worry about your finds not being good enough. This is how you learn. And the other part of that is sometimes a good find might not look like much but someone on here with experience can let you know that you have found something interesting. The spoon maker was in business from 1801-1973 but I'm sure you can narrow it down if you look up that specific mark. They usually changed em up every so often. The navy piece is a nice looking find.
    Now for the good part. It's obvious that you don't try to cherry pick and you dig all of the signals. This is going to pay off in a big way some day. Lots of great finds can give an iffy signal or a low vdi number. Tombac buttons and pewter buttons just as a couple of examples. So keep doing what you're doing and keep showing us what you find. If anybody doesn't like it they don't have to look. Good luck out there

us
    Coin licker

Jun 2013
    New Jersey
    Minelab Excalibur II XP Deus Garrett pro pointer XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
    11183 times
    Nice finds, keep digging!
    afxtwin likes this.
    I love this hobby so much, now I'm a coin licker!

us
    Over 235,000 coins found in 49 years detecting

Dec 2011
    Florida
    Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
    1637 times
    Metal Detecting
    Yes.....keep up the good work (I mean FUN).........and continue to post your finds......it will help others, new to the hobby what to expect while learning their machine and enjoying this great hobby.......Also, it looks like the small USN pin/charm is sterling....are there any markings on the reverse, like .925 or the word sterling?
    ......maybe you have found your first silver item....Good Luck.

HH to All
    Bill
    Last edited by wlb42; Dec 05, 2014 at 08:56 PM.
    afxtwin likes this.
    TOTAL Coins Found in one YEAR:

Jan-Dec: 5 dollars.....4 halfs.....1,739 quarters.....2,867 dimes.....411 nickels.....5,716 cents: Total 10,742 coins....$806.16

Jan-Dec: Silver Coins: 2-halfs......8-quarters.....41-dimes......3 war nickels = 54 Total

us
    Nov 2014
    NJ
    Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wlb42 View Post
    Yes.....keep up the good work (I mean FUN).........and continue to post your finds......it will help others, new to the hobby what to expect while learning their machine and enjoying this great hobby.......Also, it looks like the small USN pin/charm is sterling....are there any markings on the reverse, like .925 or the world sterling??......maybe you have found your first silver item....Good Luck.

HH to All
    Bill
    nothing on the back except the solder/weld mark. it's not magnetic at least...

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links