🥇 BANNER Massive Roman/Saxon Site - Day 5 - XP DEUS HITS GOLD...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What can I say after only 5 hunts with my new machine.:metaldetector::blob8::metaldetector:

We gridded for 5.5 hours & got our equal best Roman Coin count (for this site) again!

The gold coin was found on my second run & it sounded like a deep coin. Not that deep by some standards (about 6inches) but it was on its side. It was a total shock, because this site has had no Celtic coins & nothing older than 1st AD, until now!!

I had a thought in my head for sometime that my next great find, I would just casually walk over to Dad & say 'hay look at this ''OK'' coin'.....& then enjoy the reaction. Well that went out the window & my gold coin happy muddy boot jig popped out...Dad was struggling for a guess, because we have been hoping for a nice sceat or hammered & the silver is just not showing, so as a last ditch guess he stouted 'gold' - 'yessss'(I said & handed it over)

Sorry the dirt pictures didn't work out, my camera for outdoors is cheap.

33 Roman Bronze Coins
Roman Pin Head
Saxon Pin Head
Roman Bracelet pieces
1st C Roman Fibula

Notice the lack of pottery, as we grid off the main area.

Celtic Gold Stater, (mid to late 1st century BC), Whaddon Chase type, devolved head of Apollo, rev. horse right, winged object above and wheel with six spokes below. ABC2442 (Latest book states Scarce, did a quick look, less than 100 recorded)

Like all my Celtic Coin this will be recorded properly with the acedemics so as to help further study of their distribution etc...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 702
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 632
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 584
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 604
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    263 KB · Views: 633
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 595
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 640
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 646
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 4,438
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 708
Last edited:
Upvote 79

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's what it is all about right there! Congrats Cru on the spectacular finds you always make and especially for this homerun find!! Merry Christmas!!!

IM

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like seeing your finds Cru, the Deus seems to be doing it's part. The best part of that detector for me is it's ease to use, light weight, and the ability to switch quickly between the left or right arm. Have you created a custom program yet?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like seeing your finds Cru, the Deus seems to be doing it's part. The best part of that detector for me is it's ease to use, light weight, and the ability to switch quickly between the left or right arm. Have you created a custom program yet?

No, but I'm beggining to tailor it to this site. I've been tweaking the P3 on the 11" Coil to 12kHz & disc 55 which seems pretty good. When I know more I will then make my own. Both you & Rob suggested 12kHz & so far it seems pretty deep with no lost of the small stuff.

Last edited:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Atrebatic Abstract Type stater, struck late in the Gallic War or perhaps slightly afterwards????????????????????????? rare different coins sell between 1000.00 and 2200.00 depending on what abstract is pictured on coin.. Many different coins with horse and wheels.vanzutphen please do not hold it against me if I am wrong, looked at a site and this is what it said.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice well dug!

RR

Thanks, it made my 2014.

Funny enough we have just done our end of year show & tell, & the coin is now officially mine. The landowner is very understanding of what we are trying to do. Save & record HISTORY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread