41 Merc in 30 seconds

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
'41 Merc in 30 seconds

So it's about 35 degrees out with a cold breeze that makes the arthritis in my knees feel like a dull knife scraping across the bones. The ground isn't frozen and the dirt was calling. 1st signal, took me about 30 seconds of checking from all angles to dig it because it wasn't a good strong coin signal but I decided close enough in this cold. Sometimes cold is good in cases like this. My second Mercury, both out of my yard about 5-6 feet away from each other. Boy what a difference the dirt under the grass makes from the driveway dirt. The '43 came from the driveway. The wheat came from Robin Hood Park yesterday, the only good dig and on the first signal within 30 seconds. Does this mean I should quit while I'm ahead if the first signal gives me something decent? Heck NO! 41Merc2.JPG 41Merc1.JPG 41Merc3.JPG Mercury1.jpg 41Merc5.JPG RobinHood1.JPG RobinHood2.JPG RobinHood3.JPG

Upvote 16

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the two mercs. Well done.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've dug 20 something of those Mercury dimes this year. Seeing your pictures makes me realize I will feel a lot better if I find a least two more before January.

Ranger121

Apr 7, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites Amphibian II
Bounty Hunter
Ive had poor luck finding Merc's in the ten years I've been detecting. Only two from the ground. Those are nice ones.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds congrats on the double merc score. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Q

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess I didn't word my post well in regards to the Mercs....the '43 was found this fall, only the '41 was found today. Sorry about that, but I don't want credit for double Merc until I earn it. :unhappysmiley:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I didn't word my post well in regards to the Mercs....the '43 was found this fall, only the '41 was found today. Sorry about that, but I don't want credit for double Merc until I earn it. :unhappysmiley:

Still cool, nice find on your Merc, I know how that knee thing feels. Good job going out!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good finds!! 30 seconds is the way to go. When it's cold, don't mess around with all that swinging, just go straight to the treasure:laughing7:. Tony

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only last 30 seconds sometimes.... Oh wait.... I'm on the T-Net forum. ;)

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds! im hoping to score some more goods from my yard soon. HH! oh and stay warm!

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
there is something about getting older, for some of us it means to be more weather sensitive, the aches and pains may not rule us but they sure can make things more challenging. so, that makes the silver that much sweeter... right?

OP
OP
Q

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would be easier if I was at least over 50..lol. I curse the Dr. that screwed it up every day, twice as much if I don't find anything dirt fishing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread