LuckyinRI

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2014
Lincoln
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I bought my first metal detector, signed up on this site to read up on some tips and today was my first time ever going. I can see how this becomes addicting. Not much to look at but I am still getting use to the detector.
20141218_142644.jpg

Upvote 24

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Treasurenet and congrats on a great (first) pendant! I have a battered ATPro that I wouldn't trade for anything. Is that a .223/5.56 bullet strip up top of your photo? Go hit those parks with tot lots and dig EVERY signal in the bark or sand. Your ATPro will find the itty bitty earrings and such there for you! Sub 8-)
My At Pro is really well worn and abused. I love it and put it through hell but it keeps coming up
awesome. No At stands for all terrain and the operator needs to be At as well. If you can't keep up get out of the game.

Bigmike2334

Nov 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there fellow Rhode Islander, I myself am from the Providence area, always looking for a partner to dig with, I sent you a friend request, and sweet digs btw, looks like ya found some of your first silver! Wtg!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site, have you looked on the back of that pendant? Are there silver marks on it? Your killing us all making us wait? Haaaaaaa lol , looks like sterling silver to me! Congrats on a killer find first time out!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RI, welcome to the most fun and addictive hobby I've ever been involved in! You live in the best area in the country to find the really old stuff, so do lots of research, talk to a lot of people and learn your machine- you'll be amazed at what you find. Lots of people on here from Mass/RI and surrounding areas.

Good luck and HH!

-- Jeff --

OP
OP
LuckyinRI

LuckyinRI

Tenderfoot
Dec 17, 2014
Lincoln
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not Silver, but had a great time digging it up.

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome and congrats on your first finds! you did better than i did. i have the same machine. although, i am unsure of your experience level, i(complete beginner) was generally instructed to run Pro Zero mode and dig everything, listen to everything with no discrimination. i dug up 99% trash but did score a few coins n relics. ive only searched my yard 6 times but i feel like i am learning the detector's "language" and i can guage depth and items a little better without reading the screen. digging correctly also is a must. wish you luck in your future hunts. HH!

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Welcome and congrats to you!!
Good stuff, and yes, it's addicting as others have said.
I'm new at this too, and can't stop thinking about where I'm going to detect next...
Keep us posted with your finds!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great! you came up with silver! Congrats!
You and the detector will be coming up with some awesome finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread