Put it in PARK and start walking...

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While rooting around in a local park near the swingset, I found the bracelet and ring about one foot apart. They didn't look like much more than kid's jewelry until I got them home and cleaned them up. At home, I learned that the bracelet is marked, "Alpaca Mexico," which I suppose is a vintage sterling silver mark. It has inlaid mother of pearl and a clip connection device.

The thin ring is actually adult sized, and I was able to read the micro-hallmark with the aid of a loop. The ring is marked, "HAN 925 + 1/20 10K MX. So, I guess the ring is sterling silver with a little gold wash over it, and also from Mexico (?). Help with the hallmarks is always welcome.

I then found the Webloes (Boy Scouts) neckerchief slide and a big ol' lead fishing weight marked "8." Great fun on a cold, soggy day in the park. Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah to all! Sub 8-)

Attachments

• Mexicansilver1.jpg
    Mexicansilver1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Mexicansilver2.jpg
    Mexicansilver2.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 319
  • Mexicansilver3.jpg
    Mexicansilver3.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 325
  • Mexicansilver4.jpg
    Mexicansilver4.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 6

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some big silver. I think I have only found one silver ring this year. Congrats!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some big silver. I think I have only found one silver ring this year. Congrats!
Thanks OldDude, with all of the sanctions on lead mining in the USA now, I think the fishing weight might be worth more!:dontknow: Sub

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks OldDude, with all of the sanctions on lead mining in the USA now, I think the fishing weight might be worth more!:dontknow: Sub

I was watching a show on tv about lead. It was very interesting. With the big push for electric cars and the huge increase in battery usage, it is definitely more valuable than it used to be. The show said lead is the only metal that can be recovered 100% through recycling techniques.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what that "Alpaca" alloy is, but I think it's either a low grade (50%) or like "German Silver" contains no silver -

(Ok just did a little re-search "Alpaca " does not contain silver it is primarily composed of copper , nickel ,and zinc,
sometimes a bit of iron - it is a term that is interchangeable with "nickel silver" , and "German silver". Thank you
Wikipedia !)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Argentium, that helps as I could not find a definite answer myself. The bracelet did ring up in the "nickle" range on my ATPro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread