A few cool finds.

The Fog

May 24, 2009
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Hello T-netters! Hit a new area with Brian W and found some interesting things. 99% of the time we are looking for colonial finds and tend to detect oooold sites. It can be very rewarding finding things form this period but it is often very slow going. Some days you spend 4 to 5 hours swinging only to dig 3 or 4 targets, which turn out to be shotgun shells and a musket ball. So we switched it up a bit and hit a cellar hole that was probably mid to late 1800's. It was a nice change of pace to be digging so many targets, lots of junk but still nice to be actively digging for a change.

Most of the finds were to period with some turn of the century stuff as well. Anyhoo… here's a few things that were interesting. The Seth North Bell was my favorite find. A monogrammed silver spoon, A US Army WW1 brass collar device and a New Jersey Medallion. The Medallion is a head scratcher. Not sure if it's a war medal or not. I figured I could easily find it once I cleaned it up and saw the back mark Slattery Harrison/Marrison N.U.? But could find nothing, any input would be appreciated. Maybe Don in Jersey knows. HH, fill your holes.

Attachments

• sethnorth1.jpg
    sethnorth1.jpg
    439.2 KB · Views: 67
  • sethnorth2.jpg
    sethnorth2.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 70
  • silverspoon.jpg
    silverspoon.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 72
  • medalback.jpg
    medalback.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 76
  • medalfront.jpg
    medalfront.jpg
    541.3 KB · Views: 76
  • USCollar.jpg
    USCollar.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 6

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like em all ! I have a real weakness for silver spoons (any chance you could put up a complete pic of that one ?)

OP
OP
T

The Fog

May 24, 2009
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Sure, here ya go.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG