VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I made 2 short solo hunting trips to a U.S. Infantry & Cavalry camp on Friday & yesterday. As of today, I need to dig 17 more CW relics to total 500 in 2014. Hopefully, I can hit my goal but it won’t be easy and the weather may be a factor with limited hunting time this week due to a lot of Christmas activities. The relics on the Modern Miner “Relic Rag” are my finds. Note the top of the pulled bullet in the dirt. The Tenn. Trio and a few friends who we invited to hunt there have dug over 750 relics from that camp to date since 2012. I have personally dug 225 relics there since we started hunting there. As you can see, the only relics left are mainly deep small pistol bullets and iron relics like the fork end.
Check out the Tennessee Trio Christmas video. You will see some Tnet members on there. Happy Holidays and hunting, Q.
My CW relics to date=473

Attachments

• DSCN1455.JPG
    DSCN1455.JPG
    933.8 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN1453.JPG
    DSCN1453.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 4

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see the relic rag getting a workout. Have a Merry Christmas bud!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a terrific video Quindy! I loved seeing faces of people I have " met" here and from the shows and all the beautiful scenery. Loved seeing my friends Julia and Donnie Vaughn, such a great couple that make me guffaw sometimes. That Breezy is a little bitty thang isn't she? Happy Holidays to you,Dman,and Josh and your families as well.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quindy, you really outdid yourself this time on the video! Those photos of your farm were BEAUTIFUL and the music was perfect! Nana, I loved the snow pic.
Merry Christmas to you, Doug, and Josh, the famous TENNESSEE TRIO, who continues to save history one dig at a time. The world needs more good folks like y'all.

:)
Breezie

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're getting close! That'd be a great total for the year. Merry Christmas, my friend. I'm hoping to get out and do some more digging here this year myself. Am hoping the rain doesn't turn the fields into slop holes.

-Buck

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome video and song Quindy!!! Great job.
Congrats to the Tenn Trio on all the recoveries this year. What was your total last year? ???
Thanks for the post. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Keep Dman away from the spiked egg nog.
-DUG-
P.S. That Modern Miner sure is a handsome devil. :tongue3:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice video, Mr. Q! Lots of folks from here. I believe you and Alabama have had more snow than we have here in Pa if your pics and Nana's were from this half of the year and not the beginning of 2014. Congrats to the Trio on your outstanding year, and I am sure you will rival it next year. Merry Christmas to the Trio and your families.

PS....Since we all like history, I noticed someone was having a Yuengling in the pic of Tnmountains. That's America's oldest brewery and is here in Pennsylvania. Nice job buying American, lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome video and song Quindy!!! Great job.
Congrats to the Tenn Trio on all the recoveries this year. What was your total last year? ???
Thanks for the post. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Keep Dman away from the spiked egg nog.
-DUG-
P.S. That Modern Miner sure is a handsome devil. :tongue3:
It was a record 508 relics DUG. I think the guy on the W & E cover plays in a Mariachi band-LOL. MC dude, Q.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awe...great video, Q! Love seeing my buddies, and that last pic makes me smile. Congrats on all those finds. I know you'll make the 500 mark before the years end.
Merry Christmas my friend! :)
Nana

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The " Trio" will be hard pressed to have another year like 2014. I think you guys have about cleaned out Tennessee! haha. It was nice meeting you and yours on the famous"Delta Queen"paddle wheeler.
Great Video Quindy.
Merry Christmas and thank you guys for sharing all the hunts !
HH
TnMtns

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was going to watch but it says it contains SME and has been blocked in my country on copyright laws. So I'll just say congrats on the totals, and I hope you reach your goal.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy.....I really loved that video (and song too). So good to see old friends like Larry and Bill Hayes (hey, I said OLD) as well as new friends Steve and Nancy (good folk right there). Great job on that video and I hope that you, Josh, and even Doug have a good Christmas and I'll see you in not too long!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck with your goal, Quindy and Team. I remember some of the killer 18th century relics you guys dug recently. The stock buckle and intact cufflinks just to name a couple. Take care!

Kirk

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good luck with your goal, Quindy and Team. I remember some of the killer 18th century relics you guys dug recently. The stock buckle and intact cufflinks just to name a couple. Take care!

Kirk
Boy, Kirk you have a great memory. Dman dug the neck stop buckle last winter & I dug the floral motif cufflinks at a C.S.A. camp about 3 years ago shown in the pic. MC & HH, Q.

Attachments

• q 2.jpg
    q 2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 71

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful countryside over there.Merry Christmas-HH

TENNJOSH

Jan 25, 2011
Looking good Q. You will hit that 500!! I will be off 12's after this week. We will hit it hard for a couple of days and then you can shoot for 520. We get Doug to go with us (he is a good luck charm) Heck you will hit 550 :) Merry Christmas to all. Josh

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to all those have watched and/or replied to our posts this year. Please drive carefully during the Christmas Holidays. We plan another hunt & video before the end of 2014. HH, Q.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is well with in your reach! Go for it #500!
Awesome video and finds for 2014 for sure! Inspiration for the rest us! Thank you!
Merry Christmas and an awe inspired New Years! God Bless!

Last edited:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Nice Video, hopefully through the Holiday and weather you can find the time for those 17 relics, but if not those 483 are very impressive and I always enjoy tagging along through watching the videos and reading about the trios hunts. You All have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread