• DSCF0084.JPG
    DSCF0084.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 0

petecnc

Dec 17, 2004
wilmington nc
Detector(s) used
used to own a whites dfx. i dont currently own a machine. cant wait to save up for a new machine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would think letting the hinge soak in some oil or every day or so a little wd-40. then work it open and closed a little at a time. just don't be in a rush to get it open

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keith IL said:
I would hit it with electolysis, that should get most of the corrosion or junk off
? ? ? ? ? ? I agree, Do this Before You Try Oil . It will Remove alot of The Dirt From the Hinge if it has one. It will also Seperate Any Parts That May Be Fusing Together. then I'd use a Liquid Wrench Type Spray Lube & work it slowly like Bonfire Suggests

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they made this stuff call"croil/kroil"the old timer mechanics die for this stuff now days they dont make it no more mybe know some one with a can ask an old tomer at service shop!!!

greenswinger

Feb 17, 2005
ms
?Live close to lake that once was mississippi river . ? town used river bank for trash dump . every time water rises then falls ?it uncovers dozens of those old bottles . ?used to bring them home by the dozens till better half advised me aginst it ! ?have greenhouse with probably 800 or 900 , even after they have been picked over by folks wanting some !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread