Merc, wheats, ring and a spill of large coins!

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the area I found the silver quarter Friday. Found a 1936 Merc first thing. Followed it up with a couple of wheats. Gridded the area but didn't really turn up anything else but a few clad coins and lots of junk. Hit another slope, too steep to expect that there was much traffic, couple pieces of lead. Finally got a hit at the base of a tree and looked down, seen several large coins on the surface. Thought I had something really good! Quickly figured out that they were locally issued Bicentennial coins that were redeemable for 50 cents. Used my pinpointer and found 10 of them! Not large cents, but neat finds never the less. Left there and went to a park, wasn't having much luck, but dug a really weak signal, and pulled the ring. Base metal, but looked good coming out of the hole, was about 8" down. Guy from across the street came over and asked if I would come over and look for his buddies throwing knife. Sure, I'm not having any luck here, alright if I keep detecting even if I find it? Sure. Wasn't there long, found a wheat, a memorial, the little tin and the key. Lots of junk. Looks like they've been melting beer cans in the fire pit and its all over the yard! Anyway, not a bad day, and I can stop by and look for the knife again!

DSCF1328.JPG DSCF1329.JPG DSCF1330.JPG DSCF1332.JPG DSCF1333.JPG

Upvote 8

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a busy day. wtg

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
decent hunt, silver and a variety

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver and the bicentennial saves. Keep missing that knife until the rest of the yard gives all her treasures, then find it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread