romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Not So Much the Targets...

...as it was the detector used! Last week I ran into another detectorist in my neck of woods. After introductions we made arrangements to meet up yesterday to detect my long lasting site. He brought along ATPro which he offered to me to try for the day. I mentioned to him last week that I was shopping for a new detector and he recommended that. Well, I got to tell you, I was picking up targets on grounds where I know I never would have picked them up with my 26 year old CZ-6...even with the oversized coil. I will be picking one up for the 2015 season!

Most of the targets from yesterday were deep...musket balls were probably a foot down and the buttons just about that deep. It was like a new site!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419249817.268575.jpg

Upvote 8

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, can't beat that AT Pro, pound for pound you can't get better for the money.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought you were running the F5? That's a good amount of recoveries from a pounded site, it sure opens ones eyes. The one button has got a good amount of silver left on it still.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, can't beat that AT Pro, pound for pound you can't get better for the money.

Treble do you like the AT PRO better then your DEUS? Which detector do you use the most?

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Well there's an endorsement if I ever heard one!

with advancements in technology every new year, pretty soon all the deep targets will reachable with just about any machine ,,last one to the field is a rotten egg!

with so many detectorists using a variety of units, it not hard to get a review of what is available out there

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy I was hunting with did even better...nice complete decorated shoe buckle frame, a French Marines button, an a Russian copper (1801-1825)...

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
as with just about anything else, as one gains confidence in something, they tend to be more proficient at what they are doing. as Ironhorse said about the technology, advances do make for more powerful and desirable machines. however, there are still a lot of older machines out there still doing quite well as their owners have learned how to tweak them for their best performance for their style of hunting. but.... the lightness and wirelessness of the XP DEUS is very appealing to me, especially as I get older. I bet it feels pretty good to be able to go back to a spot that you have hunted hard before and find things like that, congrats

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at another machine for the Spring as my old XS Explorer is on it's way out...owes me nothing as far as doing it duty....got the SE still but will need a second machine..thinking of F75... Nice finds, like the button...

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used AT Pro on my last dig, and just using the smaller 5 X 8 coil got some smaller items at 8-9 inches, and a piece of iron pot, about 2.5 inches in diameter was a solid 15-16 inches deep.

One big plus is if you happen to drop it in the drink, as I recall actually did happen to you once, no worries with the garrett AT.

Nice tombac, and is that a watch winder ?

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Yep..like trebl sez..pound for pound, the ATP is a great machine. My hunting buddy who has the Minelab CTX3030 is always amazed at what I find with my AT Pro. That 3030 is a silver sniffin' machine! When he locates a deep target, he will holler at me to come check it out..and my ATP will pick it up, sometimes not as clear, and sometimes I have to walk around the target to pick it up..but yes if it is there I can usually get a decent signal on it. Next spring I am going to look at a 3030 or an E-Trac, and if I do pull the trigger on one, the ATP will always be with me for back-up, or for one of my kids, or for the newbie who wants to give this awesome hobby a go. Great finds..thanks for sharing..ddf

OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used AT Pro on my last dig, and just using the smaller 5 X 8 coil got some smaller items at 8-9 inches, and a piece of iron pot, about 2.5 inches in diameter was a solid 15-16 inches deep.

One big plus is if you happen to drop it in the drink, as I recall actually did happen to you once, no worries with the garrett AT.

Nice tombac, and is that a watch winder ?

Yep,a watch winder.

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The at pro is an awesome detector. I have tripled my collection since owning it, finding way deeper targets and a lot more relics. If you are looking for a really good detector at a more affordable price than others the at pro is the way to go. Happy hunting!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do enough ploughed that depth is not the be all or end all, It sounds like the ATP is good value for money. How good is it in the heavy iron patches? Good luck next year, I'm looking forward to going back to some of my pounded spots as well. The Deus is extremely powerful & light, specially the 11" coil!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice set of finds. Congrats.

I used ATP prior to going Deus. ATP is awesome for the money, and I found all sorts of good stuff with it. GL&HH.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro definitely fills a niche. Relatively deep, lots of settings, simple to learn and reasonably priced. I miss the one I had.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those finds. If you haven't proved " hunted out " means nothing, I don't know what does! I'd love to find a Tombac, especially one as nice as that.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds indeed. I agree, it's all about learning your machine. Listen to what the machine is telling you. I still use my old Tesoro Bandido. It has never let me down and it's super light.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions