Stellar day with my new AT Pro

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! It's made me a believer! My wife gave me my new AT Pro early for Christmas and this is my second time out with it. I went to the city park the first time to get the feel of it. I've read so many times where people have went back to places they've already hunted before and found more stuff with their AT Pro. I've hunted this same 20ft x 100ft area 4 times with my X Terra 705. Today I ran the AT Pro over the same area and most of the stuff I pulled out was 6 to 10" deep. Set at Pro Custom Iron at 31, sensitivity full, auto ground balance. Incredible! 1892 Indian, 2 silver rosies, 1 merc. a silver ring, (Wife has already snagged it. lol) part of a silver spoon. 2 pocket knives ( Anybody know anything about the white one? The white one has blue bird on it. The other is wood.) and I believe the cooper ringed thing might be an old bracelet. A bunch of Wheaties 1917 to 1949, from the 1950's an old Webster-Chicago metal 45 record adapter, Sunoco token, not sure what the octagon brass thing is next to it. Thought is was the shaft to an old razor. Any ideas on that? Those old metal Clorox metal caps sure stay nice. Plus the other stuff in the pics. Enjoy! HH!

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG ring.JPG

Upvote 17

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome! my ATP is my first detector. i'm trying to learn it still, so all the different sounds are difficult to discern. obviously low, med, and high are given, but the different chirping and broken sounds are hard to learn at this point im at. anyway, thanks for sharing and i hope you find many more awesome treasures. HH!

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some good finds. I like seeing a grown man act like a young'un about something like this! You got a good woman too!

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best advice that I learned with my x terra and atp today is go low and slow. Stay about and inch above ground and listen to those chirps. Go by sound first and then move your coil over that area slowly. You just about pinpoint with your coil. . Chirps (Lets a dime at 8'' with iron) may chirp and flash 80 on the ID. Start digging them it's all a learning curve, you'll learn. HH!

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, love this hobby.

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another lesson learned. Most of what I've Learned comes from you guys...It was just the way I worked it today and paid off. Thanks!

Randy Combs

Sep 16, 2013
FREDONIA KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Predator Raptor
Predator Phoenix
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep going back, no one can get everything and the more you learn your new detector the better you can find masked targets and things missed before.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice

Last edited:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuh uh. Drag the coil on the ground. Unless your ATP falses when you drag the coil, if thats the case make sure your cable is tight on the shaft. I have seen too many people make this mistake.

Let me add in too, if it keeps falsing turn down your sensitivity, two windows open hunts very deep. Keep the high beams in a fog analogy in mind, if your in a trashy area it works the same way. In a fog if you put on your high beams you can't see as good if you have on your low beams.

Afxtwin, try hunting using two modes, pro coin with iron discrim set on 10. If you get a interesting signal, switch your mode to all metal and see what it sounds like and what your numbers read.

I always liked hunting in pro coin because it saved me from digging tiny pieces of metal hunting in all metal

Great finds too!

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Afxtwin, try hunting using two modes, pro coin with iron discrim set on 10. If you get a interesting signal, switch your mode to all metal and see what it sounds like and what your numbers read.

I always liked hunting in pro coin because it saved me from digging tiny pieces of metal hunting in all metal

thanks for the tip. I will try that out.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all the great finds, especially the silver and ring. That sure looks like you may be correct on the razor handle.

MikeDiG

Nov 26, 2014
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perses hit it dead on. Keep that coil as low as possible to the soil. I'm starting to wear spots on my coil from dragging it in all the fields and woods. For older sites you want the maximum depth you can get even of it's just a extra half inch to an inch. My only other advice I've learned with using the ATP is keep your swing very slow and steady. If you hit a good spot where you are finding a decent amount of good stuff walk that area in every direction (Back and forth and side to side). If a coin or relic is on edge or on an angle in the soil walking in different directions you may get a better tone. Thanks for sharing your finds. Good luck and happy hunting!!!

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for your advice!

DiggerGal

Oct 12, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuh uh. Drag the coil on the ground. Unless your ATP falses when you drag the coil, if thats the case make sure your cable is tight on the shaft. I have seen too many people make this mistake.

Really??? Wow! I never drag it in the ground because it chirps (falses) when it bumps something. My cable is not tight against the shaft but rather loose due to expanding and contracting the unit to put it back in the bag. Thanks for the tip!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice finds. Congrats on getting the AT Pro to produce right out of the box! GL&HH.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds, and yes I believe that one thing is an old razor handle

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
looks and sounds like a happy detectorist. you found all of that and you are still new to the PRO, makes you wonder about down the road... congrats

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone!

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tea way to go

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread