nice weekend hunt at new spot

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the weekend I decided to try out a new spot that I had been eyeballing. It is actually a huge triangular area of grass in between the roads close to some old mills in the area. I had taken a walk out there before and looked around the areas where no grass was growing and just dirt was visible and noticed a ton of old broken glass. I actually managed to pick up a few wheat pennies off the ground as well as a lone silver rosie. I knew I had to come back with the detector haha. Well over a few hours this weekend I got quite a few nice finds and it seems the sit is actually older than expected for the area. I found 2 Indian head cents... one 1890 and one dateless, one 1916 barber dime, a 5 cent token from the old cotton mill which I have always wanted to find, and a few other things. I also managed about six Wheaties as well. From what I have been told by some of the old timers the place use to be and old fairgrounds from a long time ago. I'm not sure if that is a accurate or not but I will take there word for it. I will be getting back out there this weekend hopefully.

20141221_155053.jpg

Upvote 2

TokenMan

Aug 27, 2014
NOVA
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro-10D2 & 6x10dd
White's 6000 Pro XL
Fisher 1266x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Looks like more to come out of there.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a right nice piece of ground you found dude,check that baby real good,then...........CHECK IT AGAIN!

Lord knows what awaits you....look at the goods already!

GOD Bless

Chris

frostdigger

Jan 1, 2013
Col. Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350, Garrett AT pro, Garrett AT gold, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great spot with lots of potential, nice finds.

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys... I'm thinking more that it may have been a storefront for the mill. Not sure though. My neighbor that detects with me said he remembered seeing them take the last ride down from the fair there. 6ou can see a line of bricks in the ground where there was a building or something at one time. I will take some pics or a video next time I go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread