coin spills!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I have have finally finished hunting this amazingly productive site for the year. It has been a wild ride indeed. It started off with some amazing finds, including my first seated coin in a very long time. Then the spot went cold and we weren't pulling much else. After giving it a break, I went back it just started giving again! With the final "bonus dig" of this video, I am once again going to let this site rest (maybe it will grow some more old coins!
laughing021.gif
) Since it has once again become hard to find anything good.

Indians, barbers, seated, SLQs, coins spills.... it was a great site this year!

[video=youtube;XU04jGU1BWA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XU04jGU1BWA[/video]

Upvote 16

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool, nice finds!

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great digs. I love the IH, Wheat and Barber hole. That doesn't happen every day.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe that coin spill was the greatest dig I have seen on video. That was perfect! I sure wish I could get as unexcited as you sounded when you dug your 3rd Merc too lol. Very pretty little ring, nice Indians and wheats....a dream hunt. I sure wish I could remember the fellow's last name from Enid that I worked with back around 1990. He was a good guy. Merry Christmas and thanks for the video.

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the cool finds. With those kind of finds you would not be able to keep me away. Nice video also. HH

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that coin spill was the greatest dig I have seen on video. That was perfect! I sure wish I could get as unexcited as you sounded when you dug your 3rd Merc too lol. Very pretty little ring, nice Indians and wheats....a dream hunt. I sure wish I could remember the fellow's last name from Enid that I worked with back around 1990. He was a good guy. Merry Christmas and thanks for the video.

I would have gotten a full dig on that coin spill but my stupid video glasses were full of trash digging clips. :BangHead: At least I got the "out of the hole" video. What happens with most of my coin spills is that they break apart in the dirt when I dig the plug and I just have scattered coins, I never get to see them together like that.

Did anyone else catch that 95 year old bits of grass blowing away from between the coins when I fanned them?

You know, it's kind of funny. I talk to people from all over the country who have a past with Enid. Merry Christmas to you too!

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the cool finds. With those kind of finds you would not be able to keep me away. Nice video also. HH

Well, this was something like the 5th or 6th hunt at that spot. The bonus dig at the end was the only find from a hunt there the next day. I'm hoping we get a good hard winter freeze to move things around. Maybe I can pull some more seated coins next spring.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely done Jason. I enjoy watching your videos, thanks.

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Loved the video. I have to live vicariously through videos and pics till spring...haha. Great finds, great site.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
" Did anyone else catch that 95 year old bits of grass blowing away from between the coins when I fanned them? "

Now I will have to go back and watch that again!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Another great video from you - I always enjoy them.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jason, Not only was that a pretty sweet bunch of finds, but your video was almost as exciting to watch as to find! I really enjoyed that. I can't seem to remember to pull out my phone on a dig until well after I have dug it and looked at it. The three coins group was wild too. Felt like being there. Well done!
Would love to see more like that from you.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason, Not only was that a pretty sweet bunch of finds, but your video was almost as exciting to watch as to find! I really enjoyed that. I can't seem to remember to pull out my phone on a dig until well after I have dug it and looked at it. The three coins group was wild too. Felt like being there. Well done!
Would love to see more like that from you.

Thanks, I'm always trying to improve my vids. The problem is that my lazyness tends to get in the way! It takes a lot more time and work to make good film. I know what I need to do, I just got to do it! :tongue3:

One thing I am doing different next year is dumping those crappy pivothead glasses. Good idea, bad execution. I have a new GoPro I got for my birthday, but I have no mounts. I wasn't allowed to buy any because my bday is too close to Christmas!

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved the video. I have to live vicariously through videos and pics till spring...haha. Great finds, great site.

Stay tuned, I got a month of ghost town hunts I still have to edit and publish! I'll help carry you through the winter.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you use Google Glass or some other type?

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got better with the Pivot Head glasses the further along you went into the video, lol.

I have a pair and it takes a bit to get used to using. I've not used them very much though, but I recently bought an Air Sync because of the short memory.

Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions