Jasper Arrowhead (found in the Rocky Mountains, Idaho)

Jereifx

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fellow Treasure Hunters,

I've been following this thread for years, and your determination and resultant finds are truly inspiring. I thought I'd share the following find with you, as you're some of he only folks I know that would appreciate it.

I went fishing with my Dad one the Little Wood River recently. Apparently, last summer there had been a fire through the area, which left the sage brush landscape completely bare. As we were wandering about the river looking for deeper holes to fish, I found the following jasper bird-hunting arrowhead. Then, about 50 feet from it, I found a couple old (50's/60's), rusting shotgun shell caps -- then about 50 feet from that, I stumbled on some mallards which (startled the crap out of me) took flight. A sense of belonging, connectedness washed over me. Generations of people wandering about this weird, remote area, hunting and fishing just as I do.

I know this isn't one of the many fantastic coin finds posted here (I've yet to discover any neat old coins), but for me, this was a big find. Happy hunting!

arrowhead.jpg

Upvote 9

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful point! I share your sense of connectivity to the past when I'm wondering around in the middle of nowhere. I also fish and detect with my dad as much as I can, he's the reason I'm passionate about what I do today. Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Super nice point!! Post it over on the North American Indian forum. The guys over there would like to see it. Tony

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice point! Y'all have some beautiful material in that part of the country.

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:notworthy: Love your arrowhead and the story around it! :notworthy: So nice to have places to roam and fish! :icon_santa: Happy Holidays to you & your family! :cat: Andi

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice arrowhead,thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread