Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the privilege of detecting a friends yard today. The house was built in 1900, so I was hoping to possibly find some silver... Or at least some Indians. I started in the backyard, and I found a lot of really good sounding junk...:icon_scratch: Most of the trash I was digging were short pieces of copper pipe and deep chunks of can slaw. I got an iffy signal in the middle of the yard, but instinct told me to dig it. I pulled the plug out and I saw an obvious button in the hole! When I took it out I noticed it had a nice dome shape and I could see people on it. I had dug a Maryland coat button on a different property, so when I saw the image on this one I knew immediately what it was. It's a smaller button, most likely a cuff button, but it's in very nice shape compared to my other one. The other one is crushed but you can still see what it is. I was so happy to find it amongst all the junk, but I wanted to move to the front yard and see what might be there. The front yard is really small, and there is a pretty busy road that goes right by the house, but I had to check it out. Once again, there were nails and can slaw everywhere, but I got a decent coin signal and dug a 1919 wheat. I re-scanned the hole and heard more coins, and all in all dug 6 wheats ranging from 1919-1945. Why can't I find a merc!? I've dug a lot of great coins, from KGII's - Roosevelt's... But I can't find a merc for the life of me! I kept sweeping the yard and got another good hit, and dug the interesting watch fob. All in all it was a good 2 hour hunt, and maybe next time I'll find some silver.
I hope that all you fellow t-neter's have a merry Christmas and a happy new year. I suppose I'm lucky that I can still be diggin' this time of year. Cheers to everyone, I'm looking forward to seeing all of y'all's finds in 2015! :occasion14:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 12

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds spend some more time their I'm sure the old coins will come....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I too cannot figure out how I can find pennies into IH and cannot find silver in the same yard!!! AAarrrggh!
Nice finds anyway. Esp. the Maryland Button. WTG!

BTW, which side of the Bay are you on?

OP
OP
plugcutter84

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I'm on the western side of the bay, found the button in Mt. Airy. So much history around here, I'm dying to get back out!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys! I'm on the western side of the bay, found the button in Mt. Airy. So much history around here, I'm dying to get back out!

You're not far from me at all. I'm in the Granite/Woodstock area.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'm on the Eastern Shore, a little far for a quick hunt, but if we got the guys around here together for an especially good place, I'd make a day of it..

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That Maryland button is very nice,and sits well on the rarity level,sweet find P.C

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I love old watch fobs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions